2020/21 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he can get a PL loan and play there regularly then it is possibly the best idea right now for all parts involved. I wouldn't totally give up on him as our player but it is not like he is going to play here much this season. But he needs to play and probably needs some sort of a challenge for himself to get out of his comfort zone.

It also probably makes sense to loan out Davies as it is unlikely we are going to be able to get rid of all older players like Delph or Sigurdsson for an acceptable offer and they are good enough as our backups and can also afford to sit on our bench at their point in careers.

Loan with option to buy please. Given his age and potential ability I think 20-25 mil would be reasonable. Laugh all you want but young English footballers with experience are a premium these days.

You're off your rocker if you reckon we'd get 25mil for Davies. He'll be 23 at the end of next season with plenty of experience, no club will pay that based on his Premier League record. £15m at the very max.

Just seen his Google search history... its on!!!

Screenshot_20200922-153658_Firefox.jpg

hope he comes back a more confident player, think he can contribute to us in the future
If he manages a full season at Southampton, there's no way he walks back in to the Everton squad. Another couple of tranfer windows and the likes of Tom Davies will be gone.

You're off your rocker if you reckon we'd get 25mil for Davies. He'll be 23 at the end of next season with plenty of experience, no club will pay that based on his Premier League record. £15m at the very max.
Ollie Watkins is almost 25 and villa paid up to 33 m for him from a championship club. He has no prem experience.

If you want a midfielder, eze is 22 years old with no prem experience. Palace paid 17 mil.

if you think I’m off my rocker then you clearly know nothing about market value

Ollie Watkins is almost 25 and villa paid up to 33 m for him from a championship club. He has no prem experience.

If you want a midfielder, eze is 22 years old with no prem experience. Palace paid 17 mil.

if you think I’m off my rocker then you clearly know nothing about market value

Clubs pay a premium for players that put the ball in the back of the net, this lad puts the ball out of play. No chance we get north of 20mil. I’d love to be proven wrong, but if they offered 5 mil I think we’d sell him.

Status
Not open for further replies.