2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfer him for him to go on loan to see if he can make the progression he should have made for last 2 years. It's clear as crystal he has not progressed in any way since his debut. It will do him no benefit to be a squad player. Loan him. Even keep besic as cover in squad if necessary.

Perfer him for him to go on loan to see if he can make the progression he should have made for last 2 years. It's clear as crystal he has not progressed in any way since his debut. It will do him no benefit to be a squad player. Loan him. Even keep besic as cover in squad if necessary.

Sell. Been doing this for ages.

Don’t understand why people are getting so pissed at others not rating him. For me he hasn’t shown to be anywhere near the quality we need to move forward.

Most of us here will have watched Rooney shine in teams sheets that included Gemmill, Pembridge, Alexandersson etc. So not sure I buy into it’s because of the players he’s playing with.

He was highly rated. I remember Collymore claiming he’d be a mainstay at centre mid for England with Dele Ali (another player who has struggled) for years to come, but just because he was highly rated doesn’t mean he’s going to be a great player. He hasn’t kicked on, like many before him. I have only seen him have a handful of good games. It’s nothing against the lad but if we can sell and it’s a decent fee then I think we will sell.

I never said he's was going out doing any of what you've suggested but he's a frustrated skater boy desperately trying look like anything other than a Footballer. Skate scene is full of lads smoking loads of weed,he might see this and think "what am doing legging round a field getting abuse from my own fans I wanna abit of this".

For the record,coz it's seems to have triggered you...am not getting on his case,what he chooses to do is up him,and good luck to him.

I wasn't triggered as you put it and nor did I say you were claiming he was doing any of the activities I mentioned. Someone having a differing opinion or would like to hear a more in-depth explanation or justification of a questionable claim isn't really triggered behaviour.

I was merely curious as to how you can tell he doesn't want to be a footballer based on the fact he sometimes rides round on a skateboard?

Your logic seems to be that because he is sometimes pictured on a skateboard then he must be a "frustrated skater boy" and that means there's a big chance that he'll be influenced by the "lads smoking loads of weed". Inevitably Tom, who clearly doesn't want to be a footballer because...skateboard, will fall foul of his adulation of the cool scenesters on the "skate scene" and, ironically, fall off the metaphorical rails.

Following that logic through then it's reasonable to assume that if any underperforming footballer is pictured in a bar then there's a big chance he's gonna be thinking "What am I doing legging round a field getting abuse when I could be getting bevvied, taking cocaine and shagging round?".

When a footballer is pictured playing golf is it also assumed that their desire for football isn't there? Are they inevitably going to be tempted to retrain for a middle management role in the financial sector like the cool kids on the golfing scene?

Of course not. A footballer going out for a drink or a game of golf obviously doesn't mean he's doing anything other than enjoying a bit of leisure time. A perfectly healthy and reasonable thing to do. But it seems like riding a skateboard or making unconventional clothing choices is just too much to take for some people though.

I just don't quite understand the attitude that if a player is pictured doing something other than playing, training or the traditional footballer past-times of boozing, golfing or gambling then there must be some kind of inherent flaw in their attitude, desire or approach to the game.

I genuinely believe that with a destroyer beside him in Allan, we're about to see the best of Tom.

Every manager that has managed him has publicly commented on his potential, so there's obviously something to him.
There may be something in him that we are yet to see in god knows how many games.......a line has to be drawn somewhere or do we give him another 100 games to see if his potential surfaces to the detriment of the team.

I still believe if we allowed him to play box to box he'd be useful. He doesn't have the skill to play #10 or the defensive no how to play deeper but we've never really used a system that plays a true box to box style player that would suit him.

I wasn't triggered as you put it and nor did I say you were claiming he was doing any of the activities I mentioned. Someone having a differing opinion or would like to hear a more in-depth explanation or justification of a questionable claim isn't really triggered behaviour.

I was merely curious as to how you can tell he doesn't want to be a footballer based on the fact he sometimes rides round on a skateboard?

Your logic seems to be that because he is sometimes pictured on a skateboard then he must be a "frustrated skater boy" and that means there's a big chance that he'll be influenced by the "lads smoking loads of weed". Inevitably Tom, who clearly doesn't want to be a footballer because...skateboard, will fall foul of his adulation of the cool scenesters on the "skate scene" and, ironically, fall off the metaphorical rails.

Following that logic through then it's reasonable to assume that if any underperforming footballer is pictured in a bar then there's a big chance he's gonna be thinking "What am I doing legging round a field getting abuse when I could be getting bevvied, taking cocaine and shagging round?".

When a footballer is pictured playing golf is it also assumed that their desire for football isn't there? Are they inevitably going to be tempted to retrain for a middle management role in the financial sector like the cool kids on the golfing scene?

Of course not. A footballer going out for a drink or a game of golf obviously doesn't mean he's doing anything other than enjoying a bit of leisure time. A perfectly healthy and reasonable thing to do. But it seems like riding a skateboard or making unconventional clothing choices is just too much to take for some people though.

I just don't quite understand the attitude that if a player is pictured doing something other than playing, training or the traditional footballer past-times of boozing, golfing or gambling then there must be some kind of inherent flaw in their attitude, desire or approach to the game.

I'll reply to this when I've finished drinking booze.

I can remember Tom coming on as a substitute at Chelsea 3 years ago when we were getting a right drubbing (5-0 from memory). He actually looked a really decent player for the 30 minutes or so that he played. He was demanding the ball, knocking some crisp passes around, and for a 19 year old, he looked genuinely promising.
Fast forward to this last season and he was unrecognisable. He struggled to find any decent passes, looked sluggish and frail and out of his depth to be honest.
What has happened I wonder? My honest guest is that the club will keep faith in him, although this season will be as a back up to fill in for any injuries. I agree, that probably the best thing for him is a season long loan, but for me, he will remain at Goodison.

Status
Not open for further replies.