2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's gone backwards for sure, and I don't mean his frequent backpasses due to tentative nature. Loan could give him confidence he needs, but if he's gonna be any better, he needs to work on that view of himself. Competition here would require him to raise his level.

He's doesn't want to be a Footballer,you can see it...his personally and persona point towards anything other than being a Footballer. I was the same,played footy at a decent level up until about 20 then realised i wasn't into it anymore and had other interests i'd rather pursue. Difference is he's playing as a professional with a team who fans demand 100% and his chilled out skater personally is not what is required unfortunately. He'll be the same right through his career, picking up the dough but not enjoying it,then eventually retire early.

He's doesn't want to be a Footballer,you can see it...his personally and persona point towards anything other than being a Footballer. I was the same,played footy at a decent level up until about 20 then realised i wasn't into it anymore and had other interests i'd rather pursue. Difference is he's playing as a professional with a team who fans demand 100% and his chilled out skater personally is not what is required unfortunately. He'll be the same right through his career, picking up the dough but not enjoying it,then eventually retire early.

We all had trials mate !! lol lol

Some absolute melts in here.

State of you “grown men” is embarrassing.

He’s played under several woeful managers. He’s played with even worse players.

He hasn’t been as good as we all thought he would be, but I’d take him over the two crabs in Sig & Gomes any day. He’s not a lost cause.

Taking personal swipes at him for his dress sense or his social media posts.

Absolute states of you. Proper small man syndrome.

Last edited:

He isn't - he is yet another youth player that the last few managers have almost ruined. If he stays, Carlo stays and the midfield is sorted out like everyone hopes I think he will look a completely different player, like when he first appeared and actually had energy, attacked, moved forward etc.

In short I'd bin off every one of those three before Davies, as @ToffeeTim correctly says.
If he isn't moved on permanently, I suspect it may at least be the last chance saloon for him regardless of the above mitigation - last chance saloon time.

He's been consistently poor for a while now bar one or two games, which I can't see either Carlo or Brands tolerating if we want to push on and challenge.

The playing next to poor players is also a questionable argument in itself because even out of a poor bunch he hasn't shone within those constraints.

What tells you that with any degree of certainty? Should he going out getting bevvied, chinning DJ's and drunk driving with the possible intent of cheating on his partner? Playing more golf? Developing a crippling gambling addiction?

Loads of footballers have interests outside of football. I'd be curious to know what pastimes a footballer who wants to be a footballer should have.

Lad’s not good enough for our first XI if we want to progress.
He may have had a bit of a raw deal with some dodgy managers, but he’s had plenty of opportunity.
A shame as we (probably) all thought he had “it” when in the youth teams and breaking through.
And it should have ABSOLUTELY F/A to do with his hair, dress sense, skateboarding, music taste, social media etc. etc.

He’s not strong enough or quick enough to play in a 2, but if we’re moving to a midfield 3 then he will be fine as a squad player. His main quality is he’s a player that can get forward and get into attacking areas, in a 3 that’ll be easier for him.

We’ll need 5/6 centre midfielders this season and also he’s homegrown and we need those in our squad.

What tells you that with any degree of certainty? Should he going out getting bevvied, chinning DJ's and drunk driving with the possible intent of cheating on his partner? Playing more golf? Developing a crippling gambling addiction?

Loads of footballers have interests outside of football. I'd be curious to know what pastimes a footballer who wants to be a footballer should have.
I never said he's was going out doing any of what you've suggested but he's a frustrated skater boy desperately trying look like anything other than a Footballer. Skate scene is full of lads smoking loads of weed,he might see this and think "what am doing legging round a field getting abuse from my own fans I wanna abit of this".

For the record,coz it's seems to have triggered you...am not getting on his case,what he chooses to do is up him,and good luck to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.