2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems it’s the ‘in’ thing to say how sorry you feel for poor Tom Davies who’s had to work under multiple managers and that’s the reason why he’s rubbish.

At over 100 games for a Premier League, club, with the ability of a League Two player (at best), Tom Davies should be counting himself very lucky that he’s become a millionaire out of football. If he wasn’t from the city, he would’ve been gone a few seasons ago.

I hope he skateboards off into the sunset very soon and we don’t have to see him try, yet fail, to play football in an Everton shirt.

Nothing against the lad personally, but I can genuinely only remember one game where I’ve thought “Davies was great today”, and that was the 4-0 win v City 3 or 4 years ago.

Last season especially he was absolutely woeful. I honestly believe if he wasn’t a scouser he’d have been sacked off ages ago. But as is the case with Everton in recent years, being a local lad seems to give you a free pass with the Everton hierarchy and parts of the fan base. Hopefully this is now changing and sentiment will go out of the window in favour of actually wanting to win stuff.

He isn't - he is yet another youth player that the last few managers have almost ruined. If he stays, Carlo stays and the midfield is sorted out like everyone hopes I think he will look a completely different player, like when he first appeared and actually had energy, attacked, moved forward etc.

In short I'd bin off every one of those three before Davies, as @ToffeeTim correctly says.
It's been three years since that first burst of form under Koeman. Since then, he's been among the worst midfielders I've seen get regular minutes here.

If he carries on as he is, he won't even be playing football by the time he's 25 / 26. The way he gets brushed off the ball and left for dead when chasing back is embarrassing.

Some absolute melts in here.

State of you “grown men” is embarrassing.

He’s played under several woeful managers. He’s played with even worse players.

He hasn’t been as good as we all thought he would be, but I’d take him over the two crabs in Sig & Gomes any day. He’s not a lost cause.

Taking personal swipes at him for his dress sense or his social media posts.

Absolute states of you. Proper small man syndrome.

Can you genuinely name one good thing Davies has done since the City game at home? The mans a deadbeat Dan and the sooner he goes , the better. He’s league one standard! take my word for it he will never develop into a top midfielder, he’s a waste man.

Status
Not open for further replies.