2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s 21, hardly any footballer has developed into a top player at that age. Lads got plenty of time for us

He's been around the first team for a fair while now, he's played 81 prem games (96 games in all comps) and he hasn't progressed as a player IMO, and I haven't seen anything that is going to change my opinion whether he's only 21 or not.

He had such a good debut as well. This lad was called from the Englad youth teams to play with the senior team due to his displays whilst 15 years old.
What happened to him?

He's been around the first team for a fair while now, he's played 81 prem games (96 games in all comps) and he hasn't progressed as a player IMO, and I haven't seen anything that is going to change my opinion whether he's only 21 or not.
I get your point and opinion but I just feel like it would be a waste to sell a player whose going to get better, he’s not on big wages and can do a job when asked upon

I’ve heard all this before. DCL and Holgate were written off and look what happens with a good manager and system. At 21with the experience he has gained, he can easily still develop and improve.
Our fan base write off all our youngsters far too soon. It takes time and patience to bring them through.
Give him time with Ancelotti and I am sure we will send his talent shine through.

I’ve heard all this before. DCL and Holgate were written off and look what happens with a good manager and system. At 21with the experience he has gained, he can easily still develop and improve.
Our fan base write off all our youngsters far too soon. It takes time and patience to bring them through.
Give him time with Ancelotti and I am sure we will send his talent shine through.
Correct

For those who currently write off Tom Davies.
What was your opinion of Holgate and DCL at the beginning of this season?
Always thought Holgate would be decent since I watched his debut in the mini derby despite giving an early pen away.
Calvert Lewin has got a physical presence about him. Although I don't think he'll be a 'top player'.
Always said Davies has no attributes for a Premier league midfielder.
What about you?

Many fans are too critical.
He is still inexperienced and has been through not just management overhaul , after management overhaul , but also has had some god awful managers.
If he cannot improve under Carlo , then so be it.
I think that he will.
Relatively cheap , energetic , and currently is useful to have around

The audible grumbles and moans from the crowd are going to really fill him with confidence.
I often find these as peculiar claims because where I sit, in the Lower Street End, there weren't any audible grumbles or at least not enough for him to hear.

Perhaps other parts of the ground are less forgiving or accepting? Obviously, there are examples (Morgan booed etc.), but it's not as bad as people make out.

With regards to Tom, we can only hope that Carlo can nurture his talent because right now he's far too inconsistent: some great games; many non-effectives games.

Status
Not open for further replies.