2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's so many players out there who clearly possess a lot of ability but just lack conviction and mentality in their game to make them top players. To name a few, iwobi, Walcott and Tom Davies looks like he may be falling into that category. It's not fair to give up on him yet however as he is still very young and as seen with dcl this season, progression can just flick like a switch.
I just want to see a bit better concentration from Tom and a bit more conviction in his game in certain scenarios.

Still don't think we should loan him, if we do it will be like Besic and Dowell, he will find his level.
Is learning more playing for us then he would Notts Forest or someone similar

Was absolutely awful yesterday, surely he can't have many lives left.

He's played for the first-team about 100 times now and looks as if he's learnt nothing. He's a weakling and always looks caught in two minds on the ball, it's infuriating. He badly needed a loan but circumstances have understandably prevented that. If he'd gone to Germany or the Championship for a full year I think it would have helped him enormously, just look at JJK. That ship has probably sailed now though.

The new Osman, highly-rated by some, loathed by many.

Still younger than Osman when he made his debut though, what people forget.

Although he wasn't exactly controlling the midfield during the West Ham game, I don't feel that Tom Davies played as badly as many are making out. His performance may not have been his best, but it wasn't terrible.
Agreed, the entire team was misplacing balls which wasn’t his fault. He’s not good enough now to be a starter but is fine as a squad player.

There's so many players out there who clearly possess a lot of ability but just lack conviction and mentality in their game to make them top players. To name a few, iwobi, Walcott and Tom Davies looks like he may be falling into that category. It's not fair to give up on him yet however as he is still very young and as seen with dcl this season, progression can just flick like a switch.
I just want to see a bit better concentration from Tom and a bit more conviction in his game in certain scenarios.
And not one of them has a nasty streak ,snowflakes.

Still don't think we should loan him, if we do it will be like Besic and Dowell, he will find his level.
Is learning more playing for us then he would Notts Forest or someone similar

I still don't think we should loan him because he's the only functioning midfielder we have who injects any sort of urgency into the game. In the category of 'people who have played in midfield for Everton since Andre Gomes got injured' he's at the bottom of my list to get fired out of a cannon.

He's in for a rude awakening if he thinks he's getting a move to another Premier League team in the summer. Sincerely hope he's not an Everton player come the start of the new season - I've seen more than enough to suggest he won't improve to the degree where he will become a good Premier League player.

Status
Not open for further replies.