2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gbamin, Gomes, Snides, Siggy probably costing us 400,000 a week - but let's put the boot into to Tom for gaining us points on the pitch.
Is Davies paying Everton to play? If he cared less about his image and being 'cool' and more about following the natural progression of a young footballer and improving each season, then people would get off his back. But since 2017 he's gone backwards, massively.

Because he is not athlete enough at this level of football. He is very slow over short and long distances. He is easily unbalanced against stronger/pressing players.

He can’t turn sharply when in tackles and is very slow to react to 2nd balls.

There was a spot in the first half where he was in the centre of the pitch edging towards the left with the ball. DCL was in a acres over in the inside right channel. Davies just couldn’t turn his body/feet quickly enough to reposition and deliver the ball over there even though you could see he could see it was on.

I am sure he is a lovely lad and model pro.

He will be a millionaire from football but we need to be realistic. He has huge deficiencies in every aspect of his game at prem level and until the likes of him and Keane are nowhere near the squad we won’t improve.

Was absolutely awful yesterday, surely he can't have many lives left.

He's played for the first-team about 100 times now and looks as if he's learnt nothing. He's a weakling and always looks caught in two minds on the ball, it's infuriating. He badly needed a loan but circumstances have understandably prevented that. If he'd gone to Germany or the Championship for a full year I think it would have helped him enormously, just look at JJK. That ship has probably sailed now though.

The new Osman, highly-rated by some, loathed by many.

Was absolutely awful yesterday, surely he can't have many lives left.
As long as we are short of quality in the midfield, Tom will continue to get lives; in fact, he is currently one of our better midfielders when he is playing well.

That doesn't say much about the rest of our players and their own supposed quality! He does offer commitment and effort, but he's short on footballing intelligence.

In the long term, I hope he can still push on because he is only twenty-one and can still learn from other players around him, but he should never be a first choice.

Tom is a squad player at best. I have banged on about his non existent physicality, his poor ball control but also said he's young and needs to work on his game. But after watching our horror show at anfield their young kids were miles ahead of Tom in ball control movement and passing. It can be argued that he wasn't the only one but Tom is our young midfield hope. His passing is always rushed due to his poor ball control and being put under pressure due to lack of physicality. He isn' . progressing like holgate and DCL. If he is too have any hope with us he needs to get in the gym and work on his strength and on his ball control on the training pitch

Not good enough and never will be for where we want to go...

Made up > 10% of the balls into the final third yesterday, most from deep.

I don't care what anyone says, he does at least try and get us up the field unlike the rest of our midfielders.

We love nothing more than slating ‘one of our own’.
Tom is limited but does try and any qualities he does have aren’t best shown when he has to hold.
Isn’t helped by being surrounded by some of the utter garbage we have masquerading as seniors pros.

Status
Not open for further replies.