2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is laughable the stick he gets compared to crabs like Sigurdsson (50m lol), yes he had a stinker but he doesn’t hide and always tries to get us moving forward. Better get used to it anyway lads as we have nobody else for Wednesday and Saturday:coffee:

At the end of the day he’s just not good enough. I fully expect him to be shown up again by Henderson and Milner tomorrow.
Fair enough. But I think we will only know if he is good enough in another couple of seasons. And yes, highly likely to have it tough tomorrow which really is just as much down to the team around him as well.
But when people use words like dog turd to describe him, really? It says much more about them than it ever will about Tom Davies.

Fair enough. But I think we will only know if he is good enough in another couple of seasons. And yes, highly likely to have it tough tomorrow which really is just as much down to the team around him as well.
But when people use words like dog turd to describe him, really? It says much more about them than it ever will about Tom Davies.
I think he is an alright player who.may or may not get better
For me, at this time he is not a 90 minute premier player maybe ok as a late sub
His ball control isn't very good which means players can get into him quick. It wasn't just the Leicester goals where he lost the ball it happened a few times against Norwich. His stamina needs improving on and his passing can be woeful. He dosnt have much physical strength
TBF it always looks like he is trying his best but as I said at this time he is not good enough for a start but we ain't got anyone else

People need to take off the blue tinted specs with him and just look at how other good young players have developed in the league. Look at James Maddison at a similar age and the trajectory Dele Alli took until he stalled last season and even John Stones when he played for us. Young players who are going to be very good show vast improvements at those ages and Davies has none of that. He isn’t going to be this fantastic player people think he is.

I see the Tom hater is awake again. Rather odd to see so much hatred towards a young man who is one of the best players in the team you are supposed to support

You only have to compare the post below, to some of the nonsense being written now on how poor Tom Davies is, its the context, opposition midfield partner etc. Tom was our only starting recognised out and out central midfielder on Sunday, against a team who are second in the league and by far we were the better side for 60 mins, Its frankly ridiculous some of the venom Tom Davies gets.
Although he could sort his hair out! But I started loose mine at 16, so i might be biased.;)

Lads doing a good job at the moment and deserves his place regardless of injuries.

Made up he seems to have stopped messing around on the catwalk and gotten his head down and back into football - his performances are testament to that.

Davies was to blame for the 2nd goal. No doubt about it.
And....had a big part to play in their 1st goal. Silva also responsible through poor game management again.
I'm not a fan of Davies (far from it).

Without taking deserved blame away from Davies, he was in the opposition half when he coughed up the ball. There were five or six of our guys between him and our goal who did nice impersonations of lamp posts and matadors.

People need to take off the blue tinted specs with him and just look at how other good young players have developed in the league. Look at James Maddison at a similar age and the trajectory Dele Alli took until he stalled last season and even John Stones when he played for us. Young players who are going to be very good show vast improvements at those ages and Davies has none of that. He isn’t going to be this fantastic player people think he is.
I wonder how James Maddison would do in the Everton team just now ?

I wonder how James Maddison would do in the Everton team just now ?
My guess would be not as well as he is at Leicester, but better than Davies is for us. If we flip the question and ask whether Davies would be outperforming Maddison if they were both at Leicester I think the vast majority (say 99.9%, roughly) of people who'd ever seen them both play, would say no.

That doesn't mean Davies is useless, or that he will never improve, but I just don't really think there's an argument that he's at that level right now.

Without taking deserved blame away from Davies, he was in the opposition half when he coughed up the ball. There were five or six of our guys between him and our goal who did nice impersonations of lamp posts and matadors.
Yes. Silva's game management in having us to far up the pitch in injury time away to 2nd placed Leicester. And.....agreed. They came straight down the middle in what was effectively a counter attack deep in added time for the home team!

Status
Not open for further replies.