2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlo sees him as the perfect holding midfielder by all accounts

Yup, may be for Tranmere, Preston or Wigan. If, and it’s still a big if, Allan and Doucoure both arrive, and an even bigger if - if Gbamin can get fit and stay fit Davies will be on the bench at best! The only games he’ll start will be in the League Cup, I’d be amazed if he’s still here in a years time!

If we broaden the discussion out from Tom Davies for a second how many Everton players impressed last season or even came close to the form you would expect from them ?
I would say, Digne( but probably not as good as the season before that)
Holgate, when he came into the team
DCL
Richarlson
Keane... after the arrival of CA.

Arguably five players and even they had poor moments like everybody else, for instance I don't think Richarlison and DCL were great after the restart.

It was a very poor season for nearly every player and I think Tom Davies was no worse than most and better than some.

It was a shockingly poor season where we spent some weeks in the relegation zone, it seems to me that a lot of the blame seems to be landing on the shoulders of a 21 year old... a players which the current manager continued to play.
Yeah youve got a few points there but this is a thread on Tom and he's been consistently very very average for more than one season. My opinions just i cant see what he brings to the table at this level.
No personal vendetta unlike the vitriol i happily aim at Sig/Schneid/Pickford

We have too many bog std players at Everton and Tom Davies sits on top of that pile. We have to get rid of the sentimentality for local players and young players then being a hypocrite by moaning about finishing mid table. We will see the reasons for being mid-table if we take off the blue tinted specs and throw out the love for the local lad who might come good with time............the time we are wasting and hovering mid table because of sentiment. Got to defend Davies a little as the managers keeps picking him so I can only assume he is excellent in training.....there has got to be a reason for his selection but as he doesn't do it where it matters (on the pitch) I believe Carlo has become aware after time that the lad is just not up to it. Shame really as every Evertonian willed Davies on from the start until we all (well a majority) became aware that he is not very good and has actually regressed.

My biggest issue with Davies... is that he took Liam Walsh’s spot. Walsh goes on loan, Davies finds his way in during the time.. Walsh always looked streets ahead of Tom.. still bugs me.

The lad knows he's not good enough at this level and will probably drift into Championship, League 1 obscurity.

What I'll never understand is giving it up so easily. Even if you're not the best player you can still have the best attitude, be fitter than anyone else, work on your strength and conditioning. He's never done any of that.

He needs a loan playing for a promotion chasing side in the Championship rather than bottom half prem teams struggling each week. He may come good, but I think he needs regular togger to learn and grow, unfortunately that’s not here.
Credit where it’s due, he always shows for the ball and never hides, unfortunately the rest of his game lets him down

He needs a loan playing for a promotion chasing side in the Championship rather than bottom half prem teams struggling each week. He may come good, but I think he needs regular togger to learn and grow, unfortunately that’s not here.
Credit where it’s due, he always shows for the ball and never hides, unfortunately the rest of his game lets him down

Watford

Status
Not open for further replies.