2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Davies got his first game I thought they had got the name wrong as at the time Dowell was by far the most technically gifted player coming through the ranks. Watch any of their games together and it's Dowell pulling the strings. I know it hasn't worked out for him either to-date but I've no idea how Davies got selected over Dowell in the first place. Anyone think Dowell will ever come good, although probably not with Blues?

Both very bang average players it seems. Not premiership level. Dowell is more technical but nothing special and will make a career in the championship or lower. Davis hasnt progressed with a huge amount of premiership game time and has been a consistent piece in one of the worst Everton midfields in our history.

I don't think there is anything wrong with his effort.

The problem is he is giving 100% of not being very good.
I agree. He does try. It's his lack of pace that looks like he coasts. I gave him up till nown but he has got mire game time and opportunities than most.The problem is his technical ability. Its bang average at best. He just keeps giving away possession. The simples is it is he isnt good enough for premier level.

I agree. He does try. It's his lack of pace that looks like he coasts. I gave him up till nown but he has got mire game time and opportunities than most.The problem is his technical ability. Its bang average at best. He just keeps giving away possession. The simples is it is he isnt good enough for premier level.
Spot on. He also hasn't improved at all. When he debuted at 17 or 18 it was enough to say wait a second, this lad may have promise. Trouble is he is no better now than he was then. If he were just debuting nobody would look at him as a 22 year old and think there is anything special there. He can likely go on to have a serviceable career in the Championship, and nothing is wrong with that. He is not a top flight player though.

I saw him in a cafe in Liverpool, the day after we lost 5-2 to the RS.

Laughing and joking, and loaded down with bags of expensive togs from Boss and Armani.

He didn't give a toss.

I was crying into my cup of Cortado at the time.

When Davies got his first game I thought they had got the name wrong as at the time Dowell was by far the most technically gifted player coming through the ranks. Watch any of their games together and it's Dowell pulling the strings. I know it hasn't worked out for him either to-date but I've no idea how Davies got selected over Dowell in the first place. Anyone think Dowell will ever come good, although probably not with Blues?
Kieran Dowell is struggling to get a game in the Championship. Tom Davies has played in nearly thirty Premiership games this season. I think there is little hope for Dowell at Everton.

I have no idea what the future holds for Tom Davies at Everton either.

I do believe Tom Davies will be part of the squad next season but after the summer's transfer window hopefully it will be more difficult for every player to get a game.

Laughing and joking, and loaded down with bags of expensive togs from Boss and Armani.

He didn't give a toss.

Not surprised tbh after the skate boarding round town and the football in concert square at god knows what time of night.

He didn't give a toss.

Mate, he wouldn't be seen dead in Boss and Armani - rubbish stuff. Gucci and Balenciaga is what the footballers wear!

Say we sold him.... how much could we realistically get for him? Does he even have potential? Most clubs would see some in him. You could cash in for about 15m id say

Status
Not open for further replies.