2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just seen the replays of their goals what the F was Davies doing for their 2nd? A half arsed attempt at trying to jump for the original ball in, and then just stood and watched as the scramble happened. Absolute crap player

It won't happen because I don't think the club are this stupid, but IF we decided to flog him, I think you'd be very surprised at the clubs who'd want him.

Klopp would work wonders with him. He's not immensely dissimilar to how Henderson and Lallana were at his age. He's more suited to a Pep style of play and they would 100% take him as part of their squad, he's better than Delph. He'd get arguably more game time there, ironically, but he'd have far less pressure to work wonders that he does here. And if he misplaces a pass, he's not going to have people screaming at him that he's responsible for every result the team haven't got for the last 3 years. United and Arsenal would take him, again not as an immediate starter but he would certainly get games and they would recognise that he's a young player with ability that can be moulded into a very reliable professional. I also think Rodgers would turn him into a more than adequate player at Leicester, he's done great things with Barnes, Chilwell and other young players there.

I see my one ignored member is making the entire thread unintelligible again.

Everything that is wrong with our fan base.

21 year old, Evertonian, Tommy Scapegoat getting in the neck because we do what we've been doing better than anyone for donkeys years.
No defending him tonight however you dress it up, take a look at the replays and he just jumps for the sake of jumping nowhere near the ball for the cross in, then just watches as the ball os flying around the box.

Said this about Davies for over a year. So i'm not being contrarian for the sake of it. I'm sick of blerts scapegoating the same people when the reality is, he's a kid playing in a team with zero leadership and below average quality from 1-11.

Youngest player to ever captain the club. He's been a regular for an England under 21 side that includes Foden, James, Aarons, McNeill, Willock, Cantwell, Greenwood, Sessegnon, Nelson, Mount, Hudson-Odoi, all of whom either already play for top six sides or wouldn't look out of place in a top six side.

He's played almost 100 first team games at 21 which is so rare and he's been utilised poorly. 8 managers in less than 4 years, at least 4 or 5 completely different styles of play and systems for him to adjust to in arguably the most difficult outfield position for a young player.

The lad is far far better than he's shown in fleeting appearances. I'm telling you, any other fanbase would want to build a team around a player like him. Got faith that Carlo, if he sticks around long enough, will keep him around the first team.

With better players, he'll be quality. And plenty of you lot will be eating your words.

I´m not buying for one second that any other any fan base would want to build a team around him. In fact, I think if any side did that they´d be in for a hell of a struggle throughout the season.

Maybe he does kick on in an amazing way but right now based on what we´ve seen and are seeing it´s a huge jump to make. Is he any better or performing any better than Mark Noble did at his age for example? For you to be so convinced of his talent is just wishful thinking.

When was his last game for us when he influenced a game for 90 mins

Off the top of my head, he had a very decent game at Old Trafford, he was very good against Leicester in the cup and scored a great goal. He was even better away to Southampton when he got the opener. He was also very good away to Leicester and away to Brighton with some really important work to break up the play, but again those performances were lost in the results of those games.

Everything that is wrong with our fan base.

21 year old, Evertonian, Tommy Scapegoat getting in the neck because we do what we've been doing better than anyone for donkeys years.
What has his age got to do with it, apart from if this his first year around the first team. But it’s not and has he really shown improvement in 3 and a half years? Not for me he hasn’t

And maybe I could give him a bit more time, if he had a part of his game that was strong. Like defending or tackling or passing, maybe scoring goals. Or even just been a real powerhouse. But sadly mate he’s bang average at everything and that’s why he will never make it at Everton.

He will be very lucky to be 5th choice midfielder next season

Off the top of my head, he had a very decent game at Old Trafford, he was very good against Leicester in the cup and scored a great goal. He was even better away to Southampton when he got the opener. He was also very good away to Leicester and away to Brighton with some really important work to break up the play, but again those performances were lost in the results of those games.
Bar the goal he was poor in the cup game.
And he cost us her league game against Leicester giving the ball away for both goals . That game was probably his worst performance

Was at fault for Leicester’s winner

Just seen the replays of their goals what the F was Davies doing for their 2nd? A half arsed attempt at trying to jump for the original ball in, and then just stood and watched as the scramble happened. Absolute crap player

And the free kick in the first place.

Never really been one to slag Davies off but that 10 minutes from him tonight was unforgivable

I can’t abide by a midfielder who cannot retain possession. Even one who is capable of playing through beautiful balls which Davies is not must be a able to keep hold of the football.

I also don’t believe that being an Evertonian should wipe away so many deficiencies in his game. I’d rather have a team of winners with no connection to the club than a team of Davies’, Hibberts’, Osman’s etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.