2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
....Davies is a bright lad with grounded parents. Until recently, he was living with his folks and his brother in their semi-detached around the corner from me. By football standards, he drives a very modest car (Audi A3 I think).

Clothes will hardly make a dent in his money & I’d be surprised if he’s not already set himself up for life.
Most clubs offer their young players the use of accountants and good financial advice.
I Dembele a Sky documentary on Chelsea’s youth teams years ago
John Terry and Jody Morris were heavily featured
Out of a salary of 2k a week Terry has something like 250 pounds take home
Over half went into a pension and the club paid his mortgage and car repayments out of his wages
Terry more or less went along with whatever the club said financially.
Their policy was to give the young players as little discretionary income as possible and to make sure they had a secure future

After wearing my gold sprayed Doc Martin boots, white jeans pulled up to the top of the boots, crombie coat with red handkerchief in the top pocket, shirt with braces In the early 70s I think Tom's dress sense is terrible. But hey what do I know!!!
I had some dodgy fashion choices in the 70s and early 80s
Tartan parallels ( Bay city roller style )
Platforms ( I’m 6 ft ) Miami vice suits
John Travolta style shirts open to the navel
Hell its only clothes

Footballers are generally very dull people off the field so it's nice when someone different turns up.
Green tracksuit and loafers (no socks) topped off with loud check sports coat is how many of us dress at home. We look to Tom as a style icon.

Footballers are generally very dull people off the field so it's nice when someone different turns up.
Green tracksuit and loafers (no socks) topped off with loud check sports coat is how many of us dress at home. We look to Tom as a style icon.

"We look to Tom as a style icon" well, you can hardly look a him for his football skills!!! Over hyped & Over rated!!!

I had some dodgy fashion choices in the 70s and early 80s
Tartan parallels ( Bay city roller style )
Platforms ( I’m 6 ft ) Miami vice suits
John Travolta style shirts open to the navel
Hell its only clothes

Wonder what your dodgy fashions are for the 2000 to 2019?:)

I hope Tom comes good but I just can't see where or how he gets a game at the moment.

Made his first team debut in April 2016, He scored his first goal against City 13 days later and has done absolutely nothing since. How many more years are people going to cling on the the dream "He's one of our own, I hope he comes good" It's not going to happen!

Status
Not open for further replies.