2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
No better or worse than anybody else in the team.

Make of that what you will.

I honestly don't see the point of singling out players right now. They are all crap, every single one of them, nobody deserves to be spared from it.

I know what you mean but it's the Tom Davies thread so naturally, he is the focus of discussion here.

Teflon Tom has been one of the constants of the last three defeats. Make of that what you will.

I know what you mean but it's the Tom Davies thread so naturally, he is the focus of discussion here.

Teflon Tom has been one of the constants of the last three defeats. Make of that what you will.
So have most of the others and Davies has been one of the better performers over the last 3 games. He has is faults but is way down the list of who to blame for this mess

Do people on here have any idea about simple basic defending at any level of football.

Watch Davies for Watfords goal. He takes too long to sense where his man is to pick up on the edge of the box when the play is in our left back position. Luckily there is enough time for him to get CLOSE/GOAL SIDE to his man. BUT no, he takes up a ridiculous position just about directly behind his man allowing him to receive the ball completely clean. Davies' only option is to foul him, which he cant even manage. The watford player lays on the ball that opens us up and Davies is completely EMBARRASSED at this level as he was for Citys final goal the other night.

His tackling is poor, his defensive senses are dire, he lacks strength, lacks pace, his passing is ok. His movement going forward is ok.

He will make a living as a footballer but if he is the future of our team, we will be having it in the championship.

Do people on here have any idea about simple basic defending at any level of football.

Watch Davies for Watfords goal. He takes too long to sense where his man is to pick up on the edge of the box when the play is in our left back position. Luckily there is enough time for him to get CLOSE/GOAL SIDE to his man. BUT no, he takes up a ridiculous position just about directly behind his man allowing him to receive the ball completely clean. Davies' only option is to foul him, which he cant even manage. The watford player lays on the ball that opens us up and Davies is completely EMBARRASSED at this level as he was for Citys final goal the other night.

His tackling is poor, his defensive senses are dire, he lacks strength, lacks pace, his passing is ok. His movement going forward is ok.

He will make a living as a footballer but if he is the future of our team, we will be having it in the championship.

AT LAST, someone who isn't watching the game through rose-tinted spectacles. Fantastic (and accurate) summary.

Excellent, except Tom Davies isn't the only player we have on the pitch. And to lump all the blame for a goal scored from inside the 6 yard box on him, while exonerating the 5 man defence who should have stopped it, speaks more of your (lack of) football ability than his in my opinion.

Excellent, except Tom Davies isn't the only player we have on the pitch. And to lump all the blame for a goal scored from inside the 6 yard box on him, while exonerating the 5 man defence who should have stopped it, speaks more of your (lack of) football ability than his in my opinion.

lol lol

We should all have football trials before posting.

This is the Tom Davies thread. Its like saying `I only murdered 3 people'. The Yorkshire Ripper, Fred West and Harold Ship done way more - curt me some slack.

Yes the rest of the defence were completely and utterly abysmal for Watfords goal but that is irrelevant when discussing Davies' complete lack of defensive capabilities as a Prem centre mid.

Tom Davies can't pick a pass. Simple stuff really, he's brilliant at breaking up our own build up play with either misplaced passes or a complete lack of awareness of urgency to win the ball back.

This is the Tom Davies thread. Its like saying `I only murdered 3 people'. The Yorkshire Ripper, Fred West and Harold Ship done way more - curt me some slack.

Yes the rest of the defence were completely and utterly abysmal for Watfords goal but that is irrelevant when discussing Davies' complete lack of defensive capabilities as a Prem centre mid.
And yet there he is getting paid to play in a Premier League football team, and there you are on a forum indulging in a bit of character assassination for which you are getting paid..................................not a lot I'd guess lollollol:bye::coffee:

I get all that, but andre gray scored a tap in 2 yards out with none of the back 4 marking him, that is literally their only job in the box to keep an eye on the strikers

that's not davies fault that's down to the defenders

And yet there he is getting paid to play in a Premier League football team, and there you are on a forum indulging in a bit of character assassination for which you are getting paid..................................not a lot I'd guess lollollol:bye::coffee:

What a pathetic thing to say - can't comment on a player's performances unless you have financial parity.

Status
Not open for further replies.