2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone said to me 2 years when he came through and scored against City, that he’d be the “new” Robbie Savage.

I can’t see how it’s different now. I laughed in his face at the time. It was absolutely abysmal statement.

But I agree, for all his running round, he produces not a lot really. I don’t get excited by seeing him on the starting XI, and he commits bagfuls of fouls.

I’m not writing the lad off as a player, he’s a young lad and he’s learning, but he won’t be getting any benefit from being in and out here for me.

He smacks of needing what Kieran Dowall had last year for me. Regular 90 minutes to get his consistency up to scratch and get into the game.

Others mention that “if he wasn’t scouse”... I justhope you’re wrong.

Maybe we can let him be a young developing player this season and treat him like one rather than expecting him to be Zidane in a team of carthorses. Maybe with some actual coaching he’ll improve aspects of his game, slot more and more into the team overnthis season and the next with better players around him and by that point by the time he’s a similar age to Loftus Cheek et al he might be running the midfield of a top 6 team. Lingard Loftus Cheek Alli even Sterling all made huge improvements to their game in the years between 20 and 23. Apparently at Everton we don’t expect that from our players though so if you’re not Zidane when you’re 19 you can do one.

What do you mean a team of carthorses? Who’s the carthorse when compared to Davies? Sigurdsson? Gana? Walcott? Richarlison?

I realize I’m coming across as very anti-Davies.
I’m not. I wish him every success I want him to the business at Everton.

A s many have said, a loan to the Championship, or even better a team like Huddersfield or Bournemouth, would be appropriate.

Had a good 20 mins so far in a team that is flying forwards.

Maybe we have to accept he will be good when we are winning but go missing when we are not.

Not the only one from the previous regime to have been like this of course.

Technically he is very decent. He thrived in his first season because he was absolutely fearless. As the pressure mounts, you see young players lose their way a bit. I hope he gets back to his best and becomes that playmaker he was in his rookie season.

Status
Not open for further replies.