2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt make much impact yesterday but the same could be said about all the subs (bar maybe Digne). Wonder if a loan somewhere would do him good. And assuming we signed a new CM

Still young and finding his feet. I think he would benefit playing in a side full of confidence and enthusiasm , but sadly that isn't the case with us at the moment. So expect another frustrating season from him if selected.

Offers very little imho. Runs around but isn’t Creative and doesn’t score.
If he wasn’t local he’d be out the door.
Still remember the game against city ... I think the point about confidence is bang on. He's shying away from hitting the box. If he can get back to that more direct style, simply linking up play and adding a threat around the box, then great.

If wants to stay deep in a 'destroyer' role playing out worldie passes then he needs to watch Pogba and Kante videos from the World cup and learn how to do that.

I'm assuming that post was in response to mine. You need to use the post reply thread in future mate otherwise I might not pick it up.

What do you call a top player mate? You rarely get a top player at 18/19. It's also rare that somebody Tom's age has played so many senior games in one of the big 4 leagues, whether they are a top player are not.

The simple fact is Tom Davies is not currently a top player. He's played so many games at this level due to injuries and also a sub standard manager basically over playing him. He is still a novice, learning his trade. he needs further coaching and development. A lot of it in fact.

And for your information, if Davies is still showing the same ability levels with no sign of improvements over the next couple of years, then I'll be calling for him to be moved on. No question about it.
I guess we’ll have to hope he kicks on.

I guess we’ll have to hope he kicks on.
I have my doubts mate. I have doubts over all of our youngsters simply because historical stats are weighed up against them.

But they will have a better chance if we keep hold of them, continue to coach them, give them an opportunity from the bench and with occasional starts against suitable opposition, and hope that they can learn from playing with and against top players.

If they aren't showing signs they can cope in the premier by 22/23 (or at least signs they are improving) then we should be moving them on. The other thing you need to bear in mind here is that they don't all need to be first name on the sheet players. We need a squad, and the likes of Davies and DCL could well prove to be this. Davies, in particular, would need to show an improvement on last season, but at 20 it's too soon to write him off altogether.

I think its time to give the lad a rest from first team football and take the pressure off him and send him out on loan for a season. Could be the making of him.

I think its time to give the lad a rest from first team football and take the pressure off him and send him out on loan for a season. Could be the making of him.
Agree with a rest from the starting lineup, but we just don't have many players like him and can't really afford to lose him. Just being able to sit back, learn a bit more, and just relax. He was freaking out yesterday and giving the ball away unecessarily. He's gotten stronger, he can hold the ball, needs confidence, awareness.

I'd be all for a loan, but we'd need to get players in.

Status
Not open for further replies.