2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could see as well that he offered something going forwards! Didn’t play every pass back or sideways.

He had pass from Coleman I believe 2nd half and split the defenders with a ball down the line to Walcott I think? Either way opened the attack up. Never got that from Scheinderlein

You could see as well that he offered something going forwards! Didn’t play every pass back or sideways.

He had pass from Coleman I believe 2nd half and split the defenders with a ball down the line to Walcott I think? Either way opened the attack up. Never got that from Scheinderlein

He did not offer what Schneiderlin offered to the team though.

His positioning sense was bad. And it looks like he has no clue when it comes to marking in set pieces. Or shall we blame it on zonal marking?

Well its Silvas job to coach him.
Was it his zone Ings was free in? Seems strange to have someone as small as Davies in middle of 6 yard box

Some excellent touches. Looked much more confident and knew his role.

At one point during the second half, Silva had a long chat with him and I just love that.

Don’t like him personally. Still not sure what he’s supposed to be; not strong enough to be a presence in the midfield and not creative enough to run the midfield.

This is his problem. He's a good old fashioned central midfielder, in a modern game that utilises defensive midfielders and attacking midfielders.

So he looks good but utterly lost at the same time.

I thought he was far better than average. He constantly chased and gave us a pace in the centre. Maybe not all game but definitely in the important parts. It is no surprise that the last 20 minutes saw him on the ball a lot as we started to take control again. I'm not in the stadium so can't tell about positioning but on the screen, he looked to play very very well. I thought the spine was solid for most of the game which gave the wings so much confidence to press. Put that against Barkley who so many loved on here (I have no issue with), he is just wandering around the pitch at Stamford Bridge at the moment (just looks sad) with the odd touch, no running - no positioning in space.

Physically bigger and harder to knock off the ball. Naturally his game improves cos of that. With proper number 10 and effective winger ahead of him, he can concentrate on his role and not drift around trying to do too much.

Gomes and Gana to fight it out for the CM spot. Sigurdsson starter at AM. Schneiderlin and Marchisio fight it out for the holding dm spot. We need competition for places.
We're not buying Marchisio mate. Goes against all our transfer policies. Plus no way we'll be able to compete with West Ham:). They'll be all over him after their start.

Status
Not open for further replies.