2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Davies has the bit between his teeth to prove “how good I can be” as he reveals the position he wants to hammer down at Everton. The 21-year-old is determined to repay the faith of Marco Silva after he was handed a new four year deal to keep him at Goodison until 2023.

Davies was given the captaincy six times by Silva last term but would struggle to hold down a place in the team and finished the season having made only 10 league starts. The England youth international also found it tough to stay in the side during the turbulent 2017-18 campaign but is now focused on breaking back into the team – and keeping hold of the shirt.

“I was buzzing and it shows again that the club has faith in me,” Davies said about his new contract. “I want to play for Everton as long as I can and to see them give me the extension is brilliant for me, to know that I've got a chance to work here and show how good I can be.

“I think everyone here is behind me and wants me to do well but for me it's just getting that game time. I just want to play football and it was a bit of an on-off year last year and the year before when I was in and out of the side. I just want to be able to play again, get a consistent run of games going and find my form again. It's ultimately what I want to do and I want to do that for Everton.”

Asked what he has to do in order to convince Silva, he replied: “I know what I've got to do, I've got to be more consistent and bring more to the game.

"I've been in and out of the squad and the team so I just need to hammer down that place and show everyone how good I can be, which I know in myself I can be a quality player and I want to do that for Everton.”

Davies was forced out of this summer's under-21 European Championships with a shoulder injury but he is fully fit again and set to face Kariobangi Sharks today in Nairobi. And the Academy graduate will be hoping to play in an advanced role in the team. “Yeah it's good, it's back in place!” he said.

“I dislocated it and a bone came up. It was just a week so I couldn't do much training and if I had tried to play it might have come back out and I might have needed surgery which would have put me out for a couple of months.

“We had an in-house game against Notts Forest under-21s and I just went down on it and knew straight away I couldn't carry on.” Davies added: “It's good to be versatile but I've always been an attacking midfielder and I think that's my best position where I can affect the game going forward. I do like playing in a more attacking role.”

Tom Davies has the bit between his teeth to prove “how good I can be” as he reveals the position he wants to hammer down at Everton. The 21-year-old is determined to repay the faith of Marco Silva after he was handed a new four year deal to keep him at Goodison until 2023.

Davies was given the captaincy six times by Silva last term but would struggle to hold down a place in the team and finished the season having made only 10 league starts. The England youth international also found it tough to stay in the side during the turbulent 2017-18 campaign but is now focused on breaking back into the team – and keeping hold of the shirt.

“I was buzzing and it shows again that the club has faith in me,” Davies said about his new contract. “I want to play for Everton as long as I can and to see them give me the extension is brilliant for me, to know that I've got a chance to work here and show how good I can be.

“I think everyone here is behind me and wants me to do well but for me it's just getting that game time. I just want to play football and it was a bit of an on-off year last year and the year before when I was in and out of the side. I just want to be able to play again, get a consistent run of games going and find my form again. It's ultimately what I want to do and I want to do that for Everton.”

Asked what he has to do in order to convince Silva, he replied: “I know what I've got to do, I've got to be more consistent and bring more to the game.

"I've been in and out of the squad and the team so I just need to hammer down that place and show everyone how good I can be, which I know in myself I can be a quality player and I want to do that for Everton.”

Davies was forced out of this summer's under-21 European Championships with a shoulder injury but he is fully fit again and set to face Kariobangi Sharks today in Nairobi. And the Academy graduate will be hoping to play in an advanced role in the team. “Yeah it's good, it's back in place!” he said.

“I dislocated it and a bone came up. It was just a week so I couldn't do much training and if I had tried to play it might have come back out and I might have needed surgery which would have put me out for a couple of months.

“We had an in-house game against Notts Forest under-21s and I just went down on it and knew straight away I couldn't carry on.” Davies added: “It's good to be versatile but I've always been an attacking midfielder and I think that's my best position where I can affect the game going forward. I do like playing in a more attacking role.”

Attacking midfielder lol lol lol lol

If he wants to be an attacking mid he's got to improve massively, Good thing is he's still very young so he has every chance to become a decent player.

He can be backup to Siggy and help in some games no question, but I can't help but wonder if it wouldn't be best for him to play on loan somewhere and get more game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.