2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just get him sold. Last good game January 2018. It's 2020 in 5 months. Hasn't progressed, he's actually gone backwards quite a lot. There's no chance he ever becomes a top end Premier League footballer.

It was 2017! Madness that he’s still seen by some as a potential star. He’ll be 27 and still stinking the place out and people will still be saying “give him time”

I thought he looked good last night.
In my opinion he will become an important player for us but at this stage I appreciate people’s scepticism.
What is really disappointing is the animosity shown to him on here, its totally unwarranted and in truth slightly pathetic.

In my opinion he will become an important player for us but at this stage I appreciate people’s scepticism.
What is really disappointing is the animosity shown to him on here, its totally unwarranted and in truth slightly pathetic.
Thought the same, some good touches and through balls, and as ever worked hard and put a foot in.

Comes a lot deeper to get the ball than Gylfi does and seemed to get a lot more involved in the general play from that position

Bit of jealousy towards anyone local. I would rather have a number of squad players from the local area that come through the system, than a mercanery with no affinity to the club who is happy to sit on the bench for cash who is no better.
Just because he isn’t the best player doesn’t mean he isn’t useful.

He should have been sent out on loan two seasons ago.

He had a great first season and then didn't push on. Our club has aspirations of breaking into the top six, but it became quickly obvious that he hadn't kicked on with his development, and last season even went backwards.

He's not going to improve by a series of fleeting performances scattered throughout next season.

I hate the way he's been handled by Everton, given a massive contract and allowed to sit on his arse instead of getting him playing regularly in the Championship.

This coming season he'll start about 10 games. And it'll go on like that until he's ultimately sold.

Or we could do the sensible thing and get a Gueye replacement, keep Delph and Schneiderlin, get rid of Besic and McCarthy and send Tom out for a year on loan. We'll probably struggle to get rid of both Besic and McCarthy, so the one we keep will end up being fourth, emergency, choice for central midfield.

It was 2017! Madness that he’s still seen by some as a potential star. He’ll be 27 and still stinking the place out and people will still be saying “give him time”

I think he will get this year. Thats it. He was fairly woeful last season and cannot continue that form. His passing was very poor but thats confidence. If he can get that back and add some bits to his game he could be a player. He is getting plenty of game time. Himself and dcl cannot complain about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.