2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
This.

He doesn't have the discipline to play in a two. It also takes away from his game going forward.

I've been critical of him recently as his performances haven't been good enough regardless of age, but he played well last night in a system that seemed to suit him and the rest of the team.
You could see that the way he plays is suited to a system that allows him to be a box to box, which is what he is. Jack of all trades, master of none if you will. And last night proved it, it will be interesting to see if he is as good against better teams though because Huddersfield are comfortably one of the worst sides I've ever seen in this league. We've really missed that player who is willing to run beyond the forward and Davies is more than happy to do that.

Wow, amazing how much a scrappy 1-0 win against the worst team in the league has.

He's not the answer for me.

Just wondering which 20 year old centre midfielders in the world football are currently the answer? Because there aren't many who are able to compete in the premier league. Give the lad time and play in his proper position. His form earlier in the season when he was played in his proper position was also good.

This.

He doesn't have the discipline to play in a two. It also takes away from his game going forward.

I've been critical of him recently as his performances haven't been good enough regardless of age, but he played well last night in a system that seemed to suit him and the rest of the team.

I don’t think 4231 suits any of our midfielders tbh, even Siggurdson. I don’t know why Silva hasn’t moved to a flat 3 before last night. Hopefully it’s a sign of a bit more flexibility from the manager to find a solution that gets the best out of the players we have.

He should have played more this season. Silva should have gone back to his favoured 433 far sooner.

I think he will prove a decent player for us over time. I've always thought that. I think he should play most games for the rest of the season.
I always like to see him in the side because he doesnt hide. But I think the break he had, especially considering his age, will see him come strong. Motm for me.

He did have a better game last night than he has shown previously, but i think people need to remember that it was against Huddersfield. Up till now he has shown no particular obvious qualities needed to play in CM, think people need to wait a few games and see if he can keep this up. It will help if we keep playing a 4-3-3 setup.

Thought he did well last night. Best moment for me wasn't the assist, but near the end of the game when we were down to 10 and battening down the hatches - won the ball in midfield, battled hard to keep in away from 3 players and won a free kick. Did more to relieve the pressure in those few moments than most of the rest of the team had done in 10 minutes. It might only be Huddersfield, but it was a good performance and if he can keep performing at that level at his age then he should be a good player for us in years to come.

He did have a better game last night than he has shown previously, but i think people need to remember that it was against Huddersfield. Up till now he has shown no particular obvious qualities needed to play in CM, think people need to wait a few games and see if he can keep this up. It will help if we keep playing a 4-3-3 setup.

thats just nonsense, plenty of times under koeman he was the player that gave us a spark when we were rubbish

I don’t think 4231 suits any of our midfielders tbh, even Siggurdson. I don’t know why Silva hasn’t moved to a flat 3 before last night. Hopefully it’s a sign of a bit more flexibility from the manager to find a solution that gets the best out of the players we have.

Agree entirely.

thats just nonsense, plenty of times under koeman he was the player that gave us a spark when we were rubbish
Tom Davies give us spark hahahaha i have heard it all now, all he ever did previously was give the ball the away, im not exactly the first person to say that am i? I said i thought he played well last night, but no i don't believe he does have the skillset to play CM and i am not the only person who thinks that either.

Just wondering which 20 year old centre midfielders in the world football are currently the answer? Because there aren't many who are able to compete in the premier league. Give the lad time and play in his proper position. His form earlier in the season when he was played in his proper position was also good.

They normally play in the lower leagues until they get enough experience, wouldn't recommend carrying him.

Status
Not open for further replies.