2018/19 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Davies has been asked to play CDM, number 10, number 8 and right back. Could have even been tried left or right mid but I can’t remember. Point is despite Koeman and Allardyce giving him game time they didn’t know his best position and therefore couldn’t coach him in it. Silva has said on record he has a plan for Tom (which is more than the other two) so people need to chill, stop jumping on every tiny mistake he makes, stop preempting that he will make a mistake every time he gets the ball and give him a chance to develop. He’s still younger than some of the youngsters we played in the friendly tonight so expectations are way too high at the moment. How good he will be is still very much an unknown at this stage and we should treat him like what he is, a 20 year old from the academy learning his trade!

Davies has been asked to play CDM, number 10, number 8 and right back. Could have even been tried left or right mid but I can’t remember. Point is despite Koeman and Allardyce giving him game time they didn’t know his best position and therefore couldn’t coach him in it. Silva has said on record he has a plan for Tom (which is more than the other two) so people need to chill, stop jumping on every tiny mistake he makes, stop preempting that he will make a mistake every time he gets the ball and give him a chance to develop. He’s still younger than some of the youngsters we played in the friendly tonight so expectations are way too high at the moment. How good he will be is still very much an unknown at this stage and we should treat him like what he is, a 20 year old from the academy learning his trade!

Sell

Needs to go out on loan.
Needs to stay where he is and learn from a playing and training wuth top players like Gomes and developing under a top manager like Silva. Anybody who can't already see a big improvement in him on last season is clearly just focusing on the poorer aspects of jhis game. He doesnt need loads of game time. Hes already had that. He needs time to develoo at his own place. There is room in the squad as back up to Gomes and that suits everyone at the moment.

I think it was the all too common effortlessly misplaced passes he made in the first half.

He does do that, but he also makes some fantastic passes too.

Lampard, Slippy and Carrick were eratic at his age too. He just needs time to develop.

I hope we are patient and give him the time and support. He could be an exceptional player for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.