2023/24 Tom Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
7m, gone. Decent fee but hopefully we have some clauses on that like buy-back or sell-on.

Yeah im interested in the clauses.

Transfers are changing as is FFP - these clauses are the future and soon to be the norm.

We cant be sentimental, the academy and developing players has to be used to bring in revenue - to be fair Kev has started that. Up until this point we werejust giving peole away for feee in the main. Look what Chelsea and CIty do with their academies.

Yeah im interested in the clauses.

Transfers are changing as is FFP - these clauses are the future and soon to be the norm.

We cant be sentimental, the academy and developing players has to be used to bring in revenue - to be fair Kev has started that. Up until this point we werejust giving peole away for feee in the main. Look what Chelsea and CIty do with their academies.

Yeah, both usually end up making 50m ish each summer through clauses they have on ex-players or academy products. Not saying that's realistic for us but we have to take advantage of the odd player becoming something.

Selling him is a mistake IMO

We'll see if I'm right or not I guess
Hes been at the club since 2012 and played 3 times, selling him is NOT a mistake.

Not playing him was potentially the mistake.

But selling a player that 9 managers have deemed surplus is the correct thing to do in August 2023.

Whether that decision is correct, well we find out in the future, but for now its 100% the correct thing to do.

Hes been at the club since 2012 and played 3 times, selling him is NOT a mistake.

Not playing him was potentially the mistake.

But selling a player that 9 managers have deemed surplus is the correct thing to do in August 2023.

Whether that decision is correct, well we find out in the future, but for now its 100% the correct thing to do.
Haha! Agree with your overall point. Selling is probably the best thing to do right now. Especially for a decent fee.

However, „been at the club since 2012“ and „9 managers have deemed surplus“. That’s a little misleading.

There was very little chance David Moyes was going to be playing a 10 year old upfront back in 2012.

Haha! Agree with your overall point. Selling is probably the best thing to do right now. Especially for a decent fee.

However, „been at the club since 2012“ and „9 managers have deemed surplus“. That’s a little misleading.

There was very little chance David Moyes was going to be playing a 10 year old upfront back in 2012.
I LOVE hyperbole, its my biggest weakness, other than cream cakes.

Played 24minutes of premier league football

Getting that money would be mad to turn down
This ‘premier league football’ experience is vastly overrated and very chicken and egg with managers like Dyche and Moyes. Holgate, Keane and Godfrey have lots of PL experience and would stink out at teams in the championship or League One. As we see in the Carabou Cup.

Selling him is a mistake IMO

We'll see if I'm right or not I guess

If there were PL sides coming in for him I would agree, but everyone has seen him play 20 games in the Championship and deemed him, at this moment, to be Championship level.

The die is not cast at his age, but all of the information at the moment points to all those managers being correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.