2023/24 Tom Cannon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think its probably the right choice to sell now, rather than loan, BUT only as long as we have a buy back clause.

Think the kid could be very good and would be very short sighted to take the money now with no option to get him back if he does reach his potential.

Any good?

I'm a little concerned that with your attacking problems he hasn't been deemed good enough to be given a chance. Did well at Preston though right?
Yeah, I rate him. Instinctive finisher, good movement but not especially quick. Will do well in the Championship.

Was never really given a chance here because we are trying to be the first team to go a full league campaign without scoring.

But we probably still would.

Hes watched the club bring in 2 Strikers, after we brought in a Striker last Summer also.

It could be a case of him wanting the move also, it isnt always just the club.

Oh I don't doubt he wants to leave. I'm just baffled how little chance he got. £12m on Chermiti and sell this lad, or keep Cannon and spend £12m elsewhere.

But we probably still would.

Hes watched the club bring in 2 Strikers, after we brought in a Striker last Summer also.

It could be a case of him wanting the move also, it isnt always just the club.
Two years left on his contract, so for me worth sending out on loan for another year if we arent going to use him in the first team. 15- 20 goals in a Championship season and his price triples , at worst he’s still worth £5 mill next year. Appalling that our financial situation is driving this kind of business.

Any good?

I'm a little concerned that with your attacking problems he hasn't been deemed good enough to be given a chance. Did well at Preston though right?

He was loaned out, as a kid his age should be, last season.

This season, he club have just wanted to cash in as we need a striker who's good to go now. I think Cannon's lack of involvement has been more out of not risking an injury and jeopordising a sale.

He's already shown he can be good at Championship level, so would be a decent signing for any team in that league.

Oh I don't doubt he wants to leave. I'm just baffled how little chance he got. £12m on Chermiti and sell this lad, or keep Cannon and spend £12m elsewhere.

Chermitti probably has a higher ceiling.

And not just because he's 6-4

But seriously, I think the only reason he hasn't been given a proper go this season is because the decision had already been made to sell, so like Gray, they're not risking an injury.

I was hopeful he would step up this season but it wasn't to be. Not really anyone's fault either, he got injured during pre-season, and didn't really get the opportunities.

Hopefully we get a good chunk of money for him, and I hope he has a good season.

I was hopeful he would step up this season but it wasn't to be. Not really anyone's fault either, he got injured during pre-season, and didn't really get the opportunities.

Hopefully we get a good chunk of money for him, and I hope he has a good season.
Think it’s £7.5-8m we’re getting which is not a bad fee

Status
Not open for further replies.