Today's Papers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenada_blue

Welcome to Barcelonaton FC
Flicking through all the red-tops today and I for some reason I got slightly pissed off with what I was reading.

Every single paper -- The Mirror, The Sun, The Star etc -- all ran the same full page article of Stevie G-Larrr saying how the Spanish Waiter has made him a "better player" and that he can win the derby for the [Poor language removed]. This was followed by Arbeloa saying how "ace" their team is at Derby's (even though he's only played in 1 of them I think), and Alonso throwing his two pence in.

So I scanned the pages looking for a little bit of chat from the Blue end. What did I find? [Poor language removed] all. Oh I lie, there was a small colum saying how "struggling Everton's Lous Saha says we can get something fromt the derby" and caps that all off with "Saha has failed to score yet" like he's played 20 games already.

Sort it out Everton. I know they'll probably be a Pip Neville blurb in some rag tomorrow but it really is poor on the media end in the lead up to the game.

I know its just media play bollocks, but I really think we should throw some press for our fans as well, represent ourselves more. Show that we are able to go toe to toe for the game rather than it being the Liverpool FC derby.

Rant over.

As long as our players grow a pair and get stuck into these fuckers on Saturday they can leave those media whores Liverpool to it.

duncwebsince.jpg

For my money steive g's one great season was when he had Mcallister alongside him,he's decent enough but not the world beater the papers make him out to be imo

There all as bad as each other, but the sun is opbviously the lowest of the low, havnt even glanced at it in years!(n) I hear they barely bother with the merseyside clubs as they know noone buys the thing!

I'd rather we kept quiet then big ourselves up in the papers for it to smack us in the face should we get beat.

mine would be if were losing in the 85th min go for gerrards knees.

I wouldnt be happy with losing but him being [Poor language removed] would be a nice consolation.

When have we ever got a fair review in the papers? or a fair Ref in the derby for that matter,I can see the Sunday headlines unlucky reds fall to a 4-0 defeat at goodison.If Stevie me had not been sent off at 3-0 they would have pulled it backlollollollol;)

We never even get a sniff on Match On The Day anymore. Past 3 games all we've got is a sly "and what about Everton?" "Dodgy defence, that about it". But then again that aint changed either. It'll be the only time we're on 1st this season.

Flicking through all the red-tops today and I for some reason I got slightly pissed off with what I was reading.

Every single paper -- The Mirror, The Sun, The Star etc -- all ran the same full page article of Stevie G-Larrr saying how the Spanish Waiter has made him a "better player" and that he can win the derby for the [Poor language removed]. This was followed by Arbeloa saying how "ace" their team is at Derby's (even though he's only played in 1 of them I think), and Alonso throwing his two pence in.

And heres me thinkin we didnt care what the red [Poor language removed] say. [Poor language removed] um it's paper propergander with a bias. Tomorrow it'll be "how dare those dirty blue bastards beat us". COYB boys

And heres me thinkin we didnt care what the red [Poor language removed] say. [Poor language removed] um it's paper propergander with a bias. Tomorrow it'll be "how dare those dirty blue bastards beat us". COYB boys

Its not about caring about what the RS say,
the fact its a big game but all the papers give a [Poor language removed] about is RS like its Liverpool FC vs Liverpool FC. I know its done to sell papers but it'd be nice to get a bit of balance from them. But I bet EFC didnt even bother going to the press.

But like Coney said, when have they ever been? And it'll be them and the RS with egg on their face if we turn them over.

Status
Not open for further replies.