Time wasting

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Leeds fans didn't like it, we don't like it when it's done to us at Goodison, but, guess what, it's part of the game now. Last night was a very good and effective away performance, it's performances like that one, which will keep us out of trouble this season, if we can continue with them. Good game management I thought, we really were unlucky not to win that game, I am still convinced that the run from Gray and then through ball from Gordon were perfectly timed and the disallowed goal should have stood.

I don’t mind the way we done it last night, it’s the playing in the corner with 10 mins to go that winds me up. We haven’t done that yet though.

Pickford walks a fine line between being good at it and very annoying at it.

What i dont like about it is its a small club tactic

Not sure about this, to be honest, I suppose if you are time wasting from the first half then yes, I honestly believe last night it was more a case of slowing the game down, from our point of view. Hence Gordon a few times getting in the way of free kicks, picking the ball up, those are not time wasting tactics, they are slowing them down tactics.

Every time in the world has wasted time before and every team in the world will waste time in the future, I am sure even Brazil have taken their time over set pieces when leading before.

It's up to the referee to decide if it's time wasting.

If our game management is within the rules (i.e. the referee doesn't act on it), then I fail to see the issue.

Once they start having a word, it's time to speed things up a bit.

Other managers can posture and point at their watches all they want, it's up to the referee to decide what's legal and how much time there is to go.

When my lad was younger I was manager.
Anyway, my team was getting hammered every week, faced with a long away trip and potential pasting, I said to them,take your time with everything.
It worked, half time 0-0,then the ref came over and said the other manager wasn't happy with our lethargic approach, so I had to tell them to speed up....final score 0-15.
Kids football eh.....

There's nothing more sweeter when a teams being time waisting all game and you go 1 up with 10 mins to go and they are scrambling like idiots to pull it back after all of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.