Time To Break FFP?

Is it time to take the hit and break FFP?

• Yes

Votes: 153 70.2%
  • No

Votes: 51 23.4%
  • Maybe (give Brands 1 more window)

Votes: 14 6.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are many other avenues we could choose if the will is there.

I went on a Villa forum yesterday and they’re talking about selling their own ground for a vastly inflated price, just so that it can then be rented back to themselves. A practice that has already been seen in the Championship, which seems to apply FFP far more rigorously than anywhere else.

We could sponsor Goodison, or we could sell it, considering that it actually is going to be sold anyway, whereas all the other clubs are blatantly just pretending to sell their own grounds.

The will has to be there though.

Im sure Villa have already sold their ground to their owners mate.

Think they did it last season for £60 odd million iirc.

I doubt we could sell GP with the plans in place to demolish it sadly!

Im sure Villa have already sold their ground to their owners mate.

Think they did it last season for £60 odd million iirc.

I doubt we could sell GP with the plans in place to demolish it sadly!

Yeah, your right man! Sold their own ground to themselves for 57 million pound!

There are many other avenues we could choose if the will is there.

I went on a Villa forum yesterday and they’re talking about selling their own ground for a vastly inflated price, just so that it can then be rented back to themselves. A practice that has already been seen in the Championship, which seems to apply FFP far more rigorously than anywhere else.

We could sponsor Goodison, or we could sell it, considering that it actually is going to be sold anyway, whereas all the other clubs are blatantly just pretending to sell their own grounds.

The will has to be there though.

Has the Villa ground sale been approved yet?

In the Championship it could have serious repercussions for Derby and Sheff Wed - both of whom sold it for inflated prices. I think Sheff Wed also declared it wrongly so it's not as simple as this. Unsurprisingly.

Has the Villa ground sale been approved yet?

In the Championship it could have serious repercussions for Derby and Sheff Wed - both of whom sold it for inflated prices. I think Sheff Wed also declared it wrongly so it's not as simple as this. Unsurprisingly.

You’re right it hasn’t been signed off by the PL yet, despite the fact that they’ve known about it for 12 months and Villa are going to be relegated before they even get a chance to rule on it.

The PL don’t seem arsed. We’ve been allowed to pay 30 million pounds for the naming rights on a non-existent stadium, for example. The EFL do care though, so it will be interesting to see if the City ruling has any bearing on them?

The EFL have told Derby County that the sale of their own stadium would have been legitimate had it been for 50 million rather than 80 million pound! Hmm? Im not sure who is doing the valuations? I spent three months living in Derby and it wasn’t exactly Kew Gardens!

With FFP, would selling Kenny & Bernard have a large effect and free us up to spend? I like Bernard but if flipping him for profit gives us the ability to sign a proper RW & 2 CM’s. I could deal with Gordon, Iwobi, Sig rotating down the left.

I just hope USM sponser the womens/academy kits - even a 3 year deal at say £3 million per year would work out the same as the Cazoo deal having been £12 million instead of the £9 million just for the main kit.

Be interesting to see who the sleeve sponser will be - wonder when we'll find out?

Who knows mate. If you're Usmanov/Moshiri and an up and coming business, owned by the guy who built Zoopla is going to pay you what you currently have in a massive downturn, you're not going to turn that away. He can sponsor other things and remain in the background. As you say, he may well sponsor the womens team, for equivalent amount and declare it as "equality" thus taking away any moral highground.

I think his next descendant (his nephew) is running that and probably being prepped for the job with the mens team in the coming years.

The media seem to think this has big implications for FFP.

Get that money ready, Alisher.

This lad is a Kopite I think.He is not underselling it. If the case falls, FFP is essentially powerless.

There will be lots of bleating, but UEFA brought it on themselves by no seeking a compromise with City much earlier.

City have laid the trap for them, and they've walked straight into it. People confuse perceived strength of UEFA with arrogance and stupidity.

This lad is a Kopite I think.He is not underselling it. If the case falls, FFP is essentially powerless.

There will be lots of bleating, but UEFA brought it on themselves by no seeking a compromise with City much earlier.

City have laid the trap for them, and they've walked straight into it. People confuse perceived strength of UEFA with arrogance and stupidity.

Love how all the comments are Utd & RS fans falling over themselves trying to pretend FFP is a good thing.

Scum.

Love how all the comments are Utd & RS fans falling over themselves trying to pretend FFP is a good thing.

Scum.

Yes I mean they are absolutely pathetic. It's hard for me to try and educate either fan base in 280 character tweets so I have given up trying!

They (particularly Liverpool) have gone for this hook line and sinker as well. I've seen some suggestions that they'd get booted out of the football league for this, by people who make out they know what they are talking about re football. Utterly clueless.

As I predicted all along the moment this saw a court of law outside of the Kangaroo court of UEFA it just gets thrown out. I make no professions to any insider knowledge or football governance or anything else, I'm a primary school teacher by trade, so it's really not meant as a bully is me moment, but just to indicate how little mot of their fan base know, particularly the ones who act like oracles on such matters. They don't seem to have even a rudimentary understanding of how the court process works, what CAS is, or the core legal principles that govern Europe.

Unfortunately UEFA have been swayed along by idiots like that. I can't stress this enough,the only play they had was to apologise to City, grovel a bit, and remove all fines and tell the Liverpools/Uniteds of this world to pipe down. It's too late for that now. They've gone head first into a trap and blitzed their precious corrupt system.

If the Man City ban gets overturned, then basically the courts have shown FFP is meaningless and teams can do what they want. Which means we should.

Yes I mean they are absolutely pathetic. It's hard for me to try and educate either fan base in 280 character tweets so I have given up trying!

They (particularly Liverpool) have gone for this hook line and sinker as well. I've seen some suggestions that they'd get booted out of the football league for this, by people who make out they know what they are talking about re football. Utterly clueless.

As I predicted all along the moment this saw a court of law outside of the Kangaroo court of UEFA it just gets thrown out. I make no professions to any insider knowledge or football governance or anything else, I'm a primary school teacher by trade, so it's really not meant as a bully is me moment, but just to indicate how little mot of their fan base know, particularly the ones who act like oracles on such matters. They don't seem to have even a rudimentary understanding of how the court process works, what CAS is, or the core legal principles that govern Europe.

Unfortunately UEFA have been swayed along by idiots like that. I can't stress this enough,the only play they had was to apologise to City, grovel a bit, and remove all fines and tell the Liverpools/Uniteds of this world to pipe down. It's too late for that now. They've gone head first into a trap and blitzed their precious corrupt system.

Wonder why no club has yet to actually try overturn FFP in court?

I doubt monday changes much but would like us to spend alot and if sanctioned take them to court ala bosman ruling.

Money helps but we have spent a lot of money on many turds

it’s about the right recruitment

we have been shambolic with recruitment since Moyes left. Richarlison is one of the best signing we have made and that’s about it.

hopefully under Carlo he brings in the right players

Sheff Utd beat Chelsea and spurs easily because they have the right players and they are playing in a certain way that makes it very difficult for teams. If I was to use an analogy they remind me of the ‘bad boys’ Detroit pistons in the nba. They got results because of their style of play which was ugly but effective. They all know their roles and their strategy works

We don’t need flashy 200 mil players we need hard working players who will play for the badge and for the fans and will give 100% every game.

you can build an expensive team but you can’t guarantee that it will bring you success.

If City are successful this will shift power towards FIFA, this may not be good news for football.
FIFA’s target is a world league containing the biggest clubs and UEFA’s defeat will bring this a step closer, to our detriment.
We should be careful what we wish for,

Status
Not open for further replies.