Time for change

Sack sack sack??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If only we didn't run out to a tune that, in its original form, celebrates a man cuckolded by a turncoat (Blue to RS) woman. Might as well play another turncoat Kopite's songs.. Cilla's Anyone Who Had a Heart.

Definitely….

This appointment was clearly one of worst decisions of the Moshiri era (and there has been many).

Still cannot believe that anyone thought this would work. See some people still trying to save face and defend him.

Facht is he is a poor manager and has been for a number of years will no relevance at the top of the game anymore.

The sooner we realise this the better, otherwise I fear for our PL safety. No way are we getting to 40-45 points at this rate.

No change needed as we will always be crap and will never win anything. We had a small chance to kick on and we bought players like Iwobi, Klassen, tosun etc. Best we can hope for these days is a fluke FA Cup but we'd probably bottle that too.

Accept mediocracy as it's less stressful!

Let’s wait a bit to see if things improve when our best defender, midfielder and striker return from injury and we’re not playing Man City away.

Just a thought.

Not sure what you want to change here?

We are the only club in the league that makes every new manager hire Duncan Ferguson as assistant manager as part of their contract.

That is a bit wierd, love the fella but it's not like he is a world renouned assistant.

Perhaps the change needs to be filling the coaching staff with former players who won us absolutely nothing and wondering why the players aren't winning anything.

I was there today to see that shambles. I'm no huge fan of Benitez, but even if he went the same types would be calling for the head of whoever came in next in double quick time whenever we hit bad form again.

Shame though to see some Blues almost revelling in this awful run so they can gleefully get stuck into the manager.

I disagree strongly

Any PL job is attractive, nevermind one of the more established teams.
But to whom?

We've had a series of fairly high profile appointments since Moyes made his ill-fated decision to follow SAF at United. Martinez landed on his feet with the Belgium job on the back of an FA Cup win at Wigan and a 5th place league finish with us. The Dutch did Koeman the enormous favor of failing to qualify for the World Cup, opening a job at the right time for him to rehab his career enough to extract a fat payday from Barca and lift a cup. Silva ended up out of football for two years. Ancelotti will never lack for suitors. Benitez will find gainful employment no matter what happens here, should he want it.

If we sack Benitez, that's two European Cup-lifting managers that couldn't win with this mess. We're not getting a third, because they're spoken for. That leaves us searching for young up-and-comers, who will probably view the job as career kryptonite as it was for Silva, and established, unemployed managers. I don't see replacing Benitez with, say, Nuno as likely to produce better results.

It's time to quit pretending that top managers can sew a silk purse out of a sow's ear and admit that the squad is, and has been, the issue. If we're doing things like starting Delph and an aging RB in decline, and bringing that travesty of a bench, the story is not likely to end well against one of the top teams in the league.

I'm passing on calling for the sack for now... there are very few teams that could cope with their best defender best midfielder and best striker out... we started the season off well, when they were fit and things will pick up again once they are fit again.

Needa to be able to bring in some players is what u expect when we have players out rest just cowards who dont want to take a chance when the olay to gain a starting spot

Not sure what you want to change here?

We are the only club in the league that makes every new manager hire Duncan Ferguson as assistant manager as part of their contract.

That is a bit wierd, love the fella but it's not like he is a world renouned assistant.

Perhaps the change needs to be filling the coaching staff with former players who won us absolutely nothing and wondering why the players aren't winning anything.

Boys club.

Same reasons when we went for a CEO, we looked straight at EiTC, when we should have been looking at what City, Liverpool and Chelsea do, and hiring the best for the role.
What other club in the league has 25 year olds in the reserves? Has an U23 squad who play different tactics to the main squad?
What other club gets sold, and keeps the owner in post? Keeps ex players with no coaching calibre to coach?

Everton. We’re a joke.

Did we lose today or something?

...Still without our best defender/midfielder/top scorer?

...While also losing our best summer signing after 17 minutes?

...Whilst we play the Champions away who beat us 5-0 there a few months ago?

I'm in total shock. The manager needs to go for sure...

Get a grip FFS.

The passage of play today prior to the second goal is simply unacceptable. Booting the ball out for a player not even slightly injured, then gifting possession straight back to them, then to top it off, Delph half arsed dangling a leg to try and stop the shot. It's total garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.