Time for change

Sack sack sack??

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally missing our three best players, have had zero squad consistent since the first few weeks, when unsurprisingly we were playing good football.

I don't understand what people expect. This is a top 10 quality first XI when fit and a championship quality squad.

All well and good just sacking him, but what does that achieve? This is a much bigger and deeper problem, and the fact that he is already working behind the scenes by shaking up the medical department, shows that he will attack it as a whole of club issue.

Brands, Moshiri, Koeman, Walsh, Allardyce and even Carlo to an extent, have all caused problems that can't be just pushed away in a day.

We are dire and will be for some time, but I don't think another managerial payout (which hits our FFP) is worth our while...

Missing players is always going to be a big problem, we all knew that in the summer, but given the players available (despite them being terrible) you'd think the manager would be able to implement a credible system or a way of playing that could influence games.

At the moment it seems to be either hope Townsend scores a blammo, Gray manages to get in on the counter attack or we nick a goal from a cross.

Our defending from open play and set pieces is spectacularly bad. For a manager who seems to pride himself on getting his side into a good shape and being hard to breakdown it's absolutely shambolic.

Literally missing our three best players, have had zero squad consistent since the first few weeks, when unsurprisingly we were playing good football.

I don't understand what people expect. This is a top 10 quality first XI when fit and a championship quality squad.

All well and good just sacking him, but what does that achieve? This is a much bigger and deeper problem, and the fact that he is already working behind the scenes by shaking up the medical department, shows that he will attack it as a whole of club issue.

Brands, Moshiri, Koeman, Walsh, Allardyce and even Carlo to an extent, have all caused problems that can't be just pushed away in a day.

We are dire and will be for some time, but I don't think another managerial payout (which hits our FFP) is worth our while...
If you are only going to judge a manager on a fully fit squad then you will never judge a manager. You might get 1 or 2 games a year with zero injuries. It's almost unheard of in professional sports.

We should have got Rooney in, he's done alright with 9 first team players and a negative spend.
We should be giving him three years "support no matter what" and trip to the Championship rather than someone waste it on a has-been looking for one last big payday like Benitez

Going round in circles this.
We knew all this talk would happen because it was a controversial appointment and as soon as it was going a bit wrong it was inevitable.
It was also inevitable it was going to go wrong whether you’re Rafael Benitez or sodding Paul Daniels.
At the moment sacking him isn’t the answer though. (If we are 16th or below at Christmas then I’ll change my mind.)
In the meantime we need to ride this storm, pray we pick up a few points here or there, get our best players back fit and well and get a couple of decent players in on loan come January and finish top half.

Trouble is I can’t help but wonder if more than a few on here enjoy the losses so they can say I told you so.

No one enjoys a loss especially when we are getting out played game after game with some of the most negative football we have seen for some time.

But everyone who said it from the beginning is allowed to say…. We told you so.

There is nothing that suggests he was right for the club when talks started. Another awful decision from the owners….

The club top to bottom needs completely ripping out and starting again.

Going round in circles this.
We knew all this talk would happen because it was a controversial appointment and as soon as it was going a bit wrong it was inevitable.
It was also inevitable it was going to go wrong whether you’re Rafael Benitez or sodding Paul Daniels.
At the moment sacking him isn’t the answer though. (If we are 16th or below at Christmas then I’ll change my mind.)
In the meantime we need to ride this storm, pray we pick up a few points here or there, get our best players back fit and well and get a couple of decent players in on loan come January and finish top half.

Trouble is I can’t help but wonder if more than a few on here enjoy the losses so they can say I told you so.
I dont think anyone is saying I told you so. Anyone with a little bit of common sense thought this would happen. Its not like it needed a genius to work it out.

Moshiri knew this would happen too. There's no way he couldn't have been aware of the risks of this appointment.

In this time of forced austerity, how much do we imagine would hit the P&L if we binned Benitez and his backroom staff? Plus compensation if we bring in anyone from another club.

It’s not happening, mates.
What would be the point? Brands needs firing, he has had ages and the result is a good first eleven and nothing behind it. Benitez need time.

I dont think anyone is saying I told you so. Anyone with a little bit of common sense thought this would happen. Its not like it needed a genius to work it out.

Moshiri knew this would happen too. There's no way he couldn't have been aware of the risks of this appointment.

I am…. It seems to be the same people who think we should continue under this management were also the ones backing Rondon to come good when he is fit…

Anyone who goes to China for a payday is well…. Finished.

They are all - no one good is coming here to spend peanuts and manage this squad mate.

Money bags Newcastle just appointed Eddie Howe

Villa a similiar club to us at present just appointed Gerrard from the SPL.

Thats our level at present - you'll not see any more Ancelotti's rocking up here for the forseeable.

we can’t keep a manager mate if we keep losing games it’s going one way no matter how shi* the players are or always rightly or wrongly goes on the manager

He needs summer to turn over a few players. We have a decent 1st eleven but need a decent 1st sixteen or so. All clubs do because injuries are common with the pace of the league.

i agree mate with the injury’s etc. but do we as fans have that patients? when we’re losing every week? and the football is turd?

Status
Not open for further replies.