Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
So guesses then: if Howard is 'injured', will he be in the match day squad tomorrow or not? If he's not on the bench then Griffiths will have to be back up.

No they wouldn't.

I've had exactly the same argument before when somebody said we should bid £18m for Mahrez this window.

Money doesn't always talk. It depends on the situation of the selling club.

Name me one good goalkeeper who has moved clubs in January in say, the last 6 years?

There won't be many.
Why do you constantly make these mad, sweeping statements?

Valdes, Begovic, Diego Alonso, Julio Cesar and even the great Joel Robles all made January moves.

I don't think many teams with serious aspirations of doing anything with their season would just say, 'oh well, you can't buy goalkeepers in January, so we'll just stick with the worst one in the world.'

Why do you constantly make these mad, sweeping statements?

Valdes, Begovic, Diego Alonso, Julio Cesar and even the great Joel Robles all made January moves.

I don't think many teams with serious aspirations of doing anything with their season would just say, 'oh well, you can't buy goalkeepers in January, so we'll just stick with the worst one in the world.'

Begovic moved last summer - and pretty sure he moved from Portsmouth to Stoke in a summer window as well? He definitely didn't become first choice straight away either.

Valdes was a free agent. He's now on loan at Standard Liege.

Cesar went to QPR (on loan, was it not)?

Robles, again, was a loan.

I clearly stated decent, first-choice goalkeepers. I meant that I don't think any keepers who made moves in this window or were available for a move that would have greatly improved us. I'd rather us wait until the summer and get the right one at the right price, instead of rushing in and paying over the odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.