Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
"This is a place I love, it is hard to leave. I grew up here, my best friends are here, there have been so many highs. I was fighting back the tears at the end. This will always be my home. I love this football club."

Says it all for me. A player shouldn't get slagged for being past their best or not being the best available - only when they're not trying or simply don't care. Not a charge that could ever be leveled against Tim Howard. His biggest crime in an Everton shirt was daring to turn round and arguing with those who doubted him.

Spot on - he was practically unbeatable at times, he just lost it.

"This is a place I love, it is hard to leave. I grew up here, my best friends are here, there have been so many highs. I was fighting back the tears at the end. This will always be my home. I love this football club."

Says it all for me. A player shouldn't get slagged for being past their best or not being the best available - only when they're not trying or simply don't care. Not a charge that could ever be leveled against Tim Howard. His biggest crime in an Everton shirt was daring to turn round and arguing with those who doubted him.
Excellent post! Loyal players like Howard are rare these days!

Status
Not open for further replies.