Tim Howard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget Joey, he shuts his eyes!
or his head in his hand motion { I am surprised he didn't drop that!lol}
5790b598-8a55-42e0-900d-a42b5b70cdbd-2060x1236.jpeg

Martinez ultimately is responsible for any player playing mate, goes without saying really.

Howard though with his endless self promotion, ego and basic disregard for 'ALL' fans not just ones who give him stick deserves to be slated to the heavens, long as he is drawing a 40-50k pay check each week which is ultimately being paid for due to those fans he should keep his mouth firmly shut from further insulting them.

End of the day, Martinez has really gone down the safe option by sticking with him, an experienced international, years of playing at the top flight, its taken this long for the mainstream media to even really start running any stories criticizing the decision, if he'd gone with Robles and he'd had a few bad games rather than a few bad seasons then Martinez would have been crucified in the media over it, doesn't make the decision any more correct but makes it a little more hy understandable when has gone with Howard
In bold should read A mystery why he has gone with Howard

Fair play lads, all about opinions.

I would say though that none of you have concretely said who you think is more to blame for Howard getting...well...old and still playing in this team looking to one day break into the top 4.

Howard?

Or

Martinez?
It has to be the latter as he selects him for the team yet showed no reservations in throwing him into a two legged semi final in which he looked very much better than Timmy - so yes its RM fault!

Last edited:

Bingo, and this is the bit I dislike about our fanbase (other clubs may have the same thing but I don't care)...

we get a good player in who gives us good service. We respect and appreciate that service until they begin to deteriorate. From this point we then start to belittle them and forget the previous 'x' years.
I agree, sadly that's the nature of modern football fans.

Howard, while he was once decent, for me is no longer the best goalie for us.

Thanks Tim, time to give Joel a chance.

don't tread on me

It's a reference to him being American I think.

That does not make him immune to being 'past it' though.

Bingo, and this is the bit I dislike about our fanbase (other clubs may have the same thing but I don't care)...

we get a good player in who gives us good service. We respect and appreciate that service until they begin to deteriorate. From this point we then start to belittle them and forget the previous 'x' years.

Happened with Neville
Happened with Osman
Happening with Howard

I can't be bothered going further back because my jacket potato is going cold but it's clear that these players and their abilities did/have dwindled due to the natural ageing process.

If you want to blame someone (not sure why you would as these players bring more to the table than just on-field performances) then blame Moyes, blame Martinez - these are the people picking them.

The whole cheering Howard when he caught the ball was one of the most bizarre things i've witnessed from a bunch of absolute whoppers.

Very much depends on the player. Howard's arrogance and attitude means he's harming any good work he may have done in his early years here.

Very much depends on the player. Howard's arrogance and attitude means he's harming any good work he may have done in his early years here.

and lets be honest at his very best for us he was no more than a decent keeper, never ever stood out as one of the better players in the team, there is a very good reason that ferguson shipped him off - he was never good enough even at his peak for any team with title/CL hopes

and lets be honest at his very best for us he was no more than a decent keeper, never ever stood out as one of the better players in the team, there is a very good reason that ferguson shipped him off - he was never good enough even at his peak for any team with title/CL hopes

I think at the time he was fine. Similar standard to the players around him. Then we started picking up better and better players (as did every other team) he's just a little out of place.

It was the 2009 cup final when I knew.

I think at the time he was fine. Similar standard to the players around him. Then we started picking up better and better players (as did every other team) he's just a little out of place.

It was the 2009 cup final when I knew.

Pretty much the same mate, overall he for me anyway was at the same ability level as Neville

Status
Not open for further replies.