Things to expect at the Anfield Derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you're right. I have a horrible feeling that we're going to get massacred. To be fair I usually have that feeling when we go there. Although to be equally fair I'm usually right, so...

I have recently too. However whats hard for us is sometimes to see that this is just another game to most of the players now. We haven't got enough players who relate to the club in such a way that makes it anymore important.

As a group, and for the manager they seem to play better as underdogs. The manager is able to drill a simple plan and they seem happy to stick to it.

We were 30 seconds away from getting a draw with Leicester yesterday. We were very credible against Manchester City when they came to Goodison.

They are probably a bit more nervous than us. No Allisson and Fabinho, Salah not quite right and they are keen not to give any of the chasing pack much encouragement.

We will see, they have great players and I could look stupid. If we set up 5.4.1 though I can see us being quite effective.

The ball hitting Origi in the face on the halfway line in the 96th minute and rolling through Pickford's legs then being replayed on every football-related TV Programm or Youtube channel as "the greatest ever derby goal" for the next 12 weeks

Doesn't help that it's a night match when you've only got 2,500 on your side out of 54,000. Oh for the old days when we had the whole Anfield Rd and a third of the Kop. Not that it led to many victories mind!

Pain.jpg

Crap last ditch defending, at least one penalty ( not ours ). Some comedic rehearsed " emotion" and fist pumps from baccy teeth. Also a full commentary and punditry team of gobshytes. Oh and an Everton loss of course by at least 4 goals.

Mané looking like Usain Bolt compared to a lumbering Keane as he sprints away to slot after being played onside by a woefully out of position Holgate.

DCL to run the channels well, have half decent hold up play, and be a total ghost in the box

Adrian to have a once in 5 years blinder after an unexpected rally from us in the second half

VAR to give them a dodgy penalty and then suddenly the VAR stops working for the rest of the game with them scoring an offside goal

Status
Not open for further replies.