2020/21 Thierry Small

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know what you're saying but the costs are prohibitive, cheaper just to let them develop them and take them later when they leave for nothing at 19/20
That's not really how the academy should work, it is there to produce players for the first team. Preferably at a better rate than we are doing now. I go back again to say IF it starts producing players Premier League standard the costs are worth it, better than paying £30m for the Iwobis of the world. I don't get what you are not understanding?

That's not really how the academy should work, it is there to produce players for the first team. Preferably at a better rate than we are doing now. I go back again to say IF it starts producing players Premier League standard the costs are worth it, better than paying £30m for the Iwobis of the world. I don't get what you are not understanding?

IF it was that easy they'd all be doing it, most academies do not produce lots of premier league players.
i don't get what you are not understanding

Lose him, potentially yes, but for a fee.
What that fee might be is anyone guess between £600k and maybe £6m depending on success (upper limit is purely guess work on my part btw)
It’ll be a lot nearer to 600k than 6 million.

It won’t even be 7 figures in my opinion.

Surely not even Everton could mess this up so bad that we only got less than a million for him!

1 senior appearance, multiple under 23 appearances, England youth caps, BBC wonderkids program. He's got a pedigree that should earn us at the very least £1m, surely!

Why would it be under 7 figures in your view mate. There cant be many lads at just turning 17 have 1st team minutes. I can see a low 7 figure sum, with probably a hefty sell on.

Status
Not open for further replies.