2020/21 Thierry Small

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find it funny that Chelsea are held up as an example of what to do in terms of blooding young players when under Abramovich they have been the worst offenders at buying a [Poor language removed] load of young talent, farming that out on loan after loan and trying to flog them on again for a profit. Especially when you think they've lost the likes of Ake, Declan Rice, Lukaku, de Bruyne, Salah by "not offering them a route to the first team".
I think the praise is for the quality of players they’re producing rather than the pathways offered

Mike, very rarely will a local lad come all the way through the academy's. Most of the top 6 clubs are cream of Europe bought in around 16 to 17 mark

Mike, very rarely will a local lad come all the way through the academy's. Most of the top 6 clubs are cream of Europe bought in around 16 to 17 mark

We’re not a top 6 club, we aren’t even close. We need to do better at producing players. It’s nowhere near good enough.

I just find it funny that Chelsea are held up as an example of what to do in terms of blooding young players when under Abramovich they have been the worst offenders at buying a [Poor language removed] load of young talent, farming that out on loan after loan and trying to flog them on again for a profit. Especially when you think they've lost the likes of Ake, Declan Rice, Lukaku, de Bruyne, Salah by "not offering them a route to the first team".

If he'd just waited a couple of years instead of appointing Mou, they'd have won everything and probably repeatedly. They'd also have a much nicer physio still.

Status
Not open for further replies.