2020/21 Thierry Small

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we will see if things have changed over the next couple of seasons. We seem to have a good young group coming through. Yes it’s unfortunate we may lose one of them.

But with Welch, Onyango, price, Whitaker, Warrington. And Dobbin looks to be flying this season after a year of injuries. Also apparently we have some other very good younger players than them. In the recent under 23 game. I saw a tweet about a 15yr old who was playing, can’t remember his name, but got good reviews.

None of these will ever start a game for our first team.

So what you’re saying is, it’s unrealistic to expect a 20 year old centre back to start games in the Championship? So we loaned a 20 year old centre back to a Championship club? So that is the club’s fault isn’t it???

no i'm saying its rare but the good ones are capable.
he had a good league 1 loan so it was logical to go to the championship next which proved a tougher challenge for him and hopefully he'll be better for the experience.
they might have picked the wrong championship club but we have no idea who was interested in taking him.

He played left back up to the u17s and was the back up left back at the world Cup so wasn't one of the best centre backs of his age.

Now you mention it how many of that u17 world Cup winning team are currently playing regularly in the Premier league now?
2 at best which proves that this isnt just an issue with Everton and Young players
It's an issue with all disciplines. Across every single industry that requires a degree of talent, a small(pardon the pun) percentage actually make it. Always was the way and always will be in a competitive industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.