2020/21 Thierry Small

Status
Not open for further replies.
You obviously haven't read the match thread Im not fussed on the result tonight the cups a distraction in my eyes this season with top 4 in sight.

If someone like Small cant play in these sorts of games then when will they play?
Nah I haven’t. Fair enough if that’s your view for it.

I’d like a run at the cup personally, incase we end up losing a few successive games again and find ourselves out of the top 4 race at some point.

Hes only 16, I’m sure he’ll get his chances if he’s good enough, if not tonight.

If we cant beat Sheffield Wednesday at Goodison with a near full strength side out just because we have a 16 year old at LB we wouldn't be winning the cup regardless so I wouldn't worry...
It’s not like they’re some conference side. They’re struggling sure, but they’re in the championship. Would he even get in their 11? I doubt it. We struggled against Rotherham last round in case you forgot. The cup is about one thing, survive and advance. Let’s make that the priority rather than throwing a 16 year old out there to appease some part of the fan base that incorrectly thinks youth don’t get a chance.

Think it was Baxter but haven't a clue on the age difference
I think Jose Baxter holds the record currently. Not sure how much younger Smalls would be though.
"The record is currently held by Jose Baxter, now at Memphis, who made his Everton debut as a substitute against Blackburn Rovers aged 16 years and 191 days in 2008. Small is 15 days younger at 16 years and 176 days."

It’s not like they’re some conference side. They’re struggling sure, but they’re in the championship. Would he even get in their 11? I doubt it. We struggled against Rotherham last round in case you forgot. The cup is about one thing, survive and advance. Let’s make that the priority rather than throwing a 16 year old out there to appease some part of the fan base that incorrectly thinks youth don’t get a chance.

So only 10 of our players would get in their line up and one of theirs in ours if he had played - I struggle to see how that results in us risking the game tbh.

At Goodison

Cup tie against Championship oppositon

Near full strength side out full of top international players

Digne/Nkounkou both unavailable

Would have been no harm in starting him imo - we'll win this comfortably I imagine Richarlison and DCL should put a few past them.

Status
Not open for further replies.