2020/21 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is he back then? He has not scored as many as Bolassie so I prefer him. Mind, we could play them both, and have pacy wingers on both flanks. Just the thought of it.

Not been brilliant at Saints but actually fits their needs. Been a flexible midfield option for them and (unlike much of his time with Everton) appears motivated. Of course if that lasts after signing a new contract is another thing.

He's never (despite his own opinion) been a prolific, or even very good striker. Many of the expectations here were bound to be disappointed.

Saints have no money at present so can't pay megabucks, he may be cheaper for them than risking an unknown gamble in the transfer market.

Not been brilliant at Saints but actually fits their needs. Been a flexible midfield option for them and (unlike much of his time with Everton) appears motivated. Of course if that lasts after signing a new contract is another thing.

He's never (despite his own opinion) been a prolific, or even very good striker. Many of the expectations here were bound to be disappointed.

Saints have no money at present so can't pay megabucks, he may be cheaper for them than risking an unknown gamble in the transfer market.
If you look at his career it seems he hit his ceiling at 23/24 for whatever reason. His career is a steady rise improving year on year before then, after that its just all over the place and you can see he has struggled.

BBC say he scored a great goal in game today against Fulham. Gosh we do miss him. I had to go to page 3 on this site to find his thread.

BBC say he scored a great goal in game today against Fulham. Gosh we do miss him. I had to go to page 3 on this site to find his thread.

...I mentioned it in the ex-players thread.

He scored with a deflected shot from the edge of the area but if followed some neat build up play.

When I was at school, if you were really really fast, you stood a good chance of doing well. Theo has obviously progressed in football because of his pace. He absolutely lacks poise in front of goal. Give him time on the ball, instead of making the most of his electric pace, he more than often messes up. A very frustrating player.

Status
Not open for further replies.