2020/21 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute coward of a player terrified to use his pace and run past defenders the way he did week in week out at arsenal i am convinced he came here for a payday he's done nothing and he's got no fight in him scared of getting injured, one of the worst signings for this club. Please take a pay cut and go back to Southampton Theo.

Absolute coward of a player terrified to use his pace and run past defenders the way he did week in week out at arsenal i am convinced he came here for a payday he's done nothing and he's got no fight in him scared of getting injured, one of the worst signings for this club. Please take a pay cut and go back to Southampton Theo.

Him getting older and losing the raw pace he had at Arsenal isn't his fault mate, hardly cowardly. The most natural and obvious thing to happen to Theo was taht once his pace goes, so does his threat.

Why loan him out. Surely we can get at least 1m for him given he has 12 months left loaning him out is essentially giving him away for free.

This tells you the degree to which he is unwanted in the market.

Loaning him out reduces wages for us, and keeps the recipient from having to make a long-term commitment. If that's the best we can do, it beats paying his wages for him to sit on the bench.

As I understand the methodology, no.

If his value, due to amortisation, is nil and we let him leave on a free, we make no loss or profit at all.

If his value is £5m now and we let him leave for anything below that on a permanent deal we have to chalk that down as a loss in the accounts as having sold an asset for less than its book value.

I understand what you are saying in regards to not making a profit/loss on the actual deal but the amortisation would show as an expenses in the accounts and therefore have the same affect

Him getting older and losing the raw pace he had at Arsenal isn't his fault mate, hardly cowardly. The most natural and obvious thing to happen to Theo was taht once his pace goes, so does his threat.

Same as michael owen. Soon as it went so did 75% of his threat.

I was hoping we'd find a sucker to sign him and it looks like we have, but I am surprised it is Southampton as they're actually a decent side and he's nowhere near good enough to start for them! I was thinking a West Brom or some team in the Championship. Oh well, won't be too fondly remembered for his football with us, even though he embraced the club and was a good enough role model for younger supporters.

As others have said, Walcott still has tremendous pace, but ultimately, he’s totally lost his confidence. His final ball, more often than not is appalling.
Walcott without confidence is no use to Everton whatsoever. Getting him off the books, even for a loan this season’s would be a huge bonus.

I understand what you are saying in regards to not making a profit/loss on the actual deal but the amortisation would show as an expenses in the accounts and therefore have the same affect

Sorry, I'm with you now, I'll blame Monday morning for me not following your first post

Yes - the original fee still needs to be accounted for, so the final year will still be an expense in the accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.