2020/21 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
....always think we looked better balanced with Walcott in our team. Uncomplicated footballer, I don’t mind him at all but the squad is too big, he’s dropping down the pecking order and we need to recoup monies.

Sensible if we can move him off the books.
I expect better from you mate.
Dreadful footballer offers zero and I can’t wait to see the back of him.

Liverpool don’t have a natural wide player in their squad. The only teams that play with old fashioned wingers are teams like Burnley.

they at least have wide forwards. Richarlison is one of them, maybe Gordon, but the rest would all prefer to play centrally.

I’m all for trimming the squad though and getting some of the players with bare minimum attitudes out and better ones in,

Loaning him out is a better outcome than selling him for £1m or giving him away on a free - He has a book value of about £5 million currently, if we sold him for £1m we make an accounting loss. If we loan him out, even without a loan fee, but just get rid of his wages for a year than his contract lapses next summer and he leaves, we got rid of his wages and we didn't have to eat an accounting loss of any kind

Richarlison, Gordon and Rodriguez absolutely are wide players in the system we are playing (not that they each couldn't play another position as well). I reckon Nkounkou could do an excellent job wide left in front of Digne as well. Bernard can do a job there when needed

Loaning him out is a better outcome than selling him for £1m or giving him away on a free - He has a book value of about £5 million currently, if we sold him for £1m we make an accounting loss. If we loan him out, even without a loan fee, but just get rid of his wages for a year than his contract lapses next summer and he leaves, we got rid of his wages and we didn't have to eat an accounting loss of any kind

Is that not just deferring the accounting loss until next season when his value will have to be amortised from £5m to nil ?

Is that not just deferring the accounting loss until next season when his value will have to be amortised from £5m to nil ?

As I understand the methodology, no.

If his value, due to amortisation, is nil and we let him leave on a free, we make no loss or profit at all.

If his value is £5m now and we let him leave for anything below that on a permanent deal we have to chalk that down as a loss in the accounts as having sold an asset for less than its book value.

Status
Not open for further replies.