2019/20 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Winger makes a centre - shock at Goodison Park.

Obliged by circumtances to take on a full back and centre- rather than pass back and dissapear
behind a defender- fans were shocked to see a decent centre and goal. Naturally the experience
obliged said winger to take a sickie and go off to check his pension plan and holiday brochures.
Fans hoping to see a second centre may now have to wait till Easter.

Fake news reports claim that Walcott has made centres in the past. Treat such reports with care.

Perhaps this may be controversial view, but I am starting to believe that in the mainstay we play better with him in the side, than when he's out of it.

On the one hand, I'm still critical of his final output, especially in front of goal, however his clever movement and pace really does cause our opposition to worry.

I still think we can do much better and he himself can still improve a lot (eg. the number of goals he contributes), but right now I think we'd miss him if he was injured.

The all round move for the goal was brilliant nice slick 1 touch football, a cheeky flick in there too I think, great quick feet by Walcott followed by a stunning curling cross and a perfectly timed and placed finish by Bernard.... I honestly thought I was watching a different team

Perhaps this may be controversial view, but I am starting to believe that in the mainstay we play better with him in the side, than when he's out of it.

On the one hand, I'm still critical of his final output, especially in front of goal, however his clever movement and pace really does cause our opposition to worry.

I still think we can do much better and he himself can still improve a lot (eg. the number of goals he contributes), but right now I think we'd miss him if he was injured.

I have been saying this for ages. We are a much better side with him in the team. We need that type of player.

He stretches the play.

Now mostly hes quite ineffective with his final ball or his 1x1s, but for now hes without question our best option on the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.