2019/20 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
100k a week isn't greedy, not in this sport. I think he's always tried. Although I personally think very few players of ours are in the category of deliberately not giving a crap on the field. Basically it's like Schneiderlin and Williams for me.

it’s not for a quality player at their peak, for a player who has been hit and miss in their career, and whose club were happy to get shut off because he was finished, it’s a lot of dosh a week.

Probably end up on loan with an option to buy like Tosun
This window? He's going nowhere this window. Right now he's a first team player. And if we do sign someone in his position, which feels unlikely, he's still worth having for the bench considering we had Niasse and Gordon as the only attackers today.

it’s not for a quality player at their peak, for a player who has been hit and miss in their career, and whose club were happy to get shut off, it’s a lot of dosh a week.
I don't think it's enough to say he's greedy nor anything about the way he's handled himself throughout his career. It isn't like he's Zlatan pimping himself around the world and trying to get a pay raise and signing bonus at every stop.

Was absolutely made up when he got hooked. Rightfully so. Hopefully from now on, if the only options are him or Sidibe, then Sidibe is given the nod. Rather have Sidibe and Coleman than either of Coleman / Sidibe and Walcott down the right.

Spotrac has it as Bernard at 120k. They're very reliable for American sports contracts but I don't know how they do on PL stuff. Although I'm struggling to find anything not using their numbers.

Think it was somebody I trust more than Sportrac, like a Hunter or Kirky.

It was just a throwaway line in 1 of their pieces.

This window? He's going nowhere this window. Right now he's a first team player. And if we do sign someone in his position, which feels unlikely, he's still worth having for the bench considering we had Niasse and Gordon as the only attackers today.
In the summer mate

Looked unhappy when he got hauled off, good. No more hiding.

I always worry when a player main attribute is pace, it's a young man's game (under 25).

Love to know how many crosses he puts in on training, not many is my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.