2018/19 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never understood this signing and didn’t buy into the enthusiasm at the time. £20m and £5m+p.a. Splurged on a player who typified an arsenal side famously lacking in 2 pre-requisites I like to see in a royal blue shirt, commitment and desire. Wouldn’t have got near the ‘Mk1’ wenger arsenal (ie the side when they were up there with United challenging) when even the ‘flair’ attacking players had that drive and commitment to go alongside the undoubted technical ability he has.

For me an example of how we should not be doing our transfer business (and doubtful will under the governance of brands). Huge fee, massive wages, zero chance to move him on. Seems a decent lad of course, and he will contribute whilst he’s here I’m sure as a squad member but won’t I think ever become a mainstay of the team moving forward or give us a return on the pitch that that sort of fee and salary should demand.

Will Prob score on Sunday now!

I know he has been beyond crap BUT we are going to need to defend hard on Sunday and he tracks back very well and does offer more on the counter than Ademola in terms of speed. He needs to have the game of his life on Sunday IMO.

Very one-dimensional player. Does not have a plan B and get's found out all too often. Plus, he can't finish.

Time we move on and bring a player in that can actually influence a game

I know he has been beyond crap BUT we are going to need to defend hard on Sunday and he tracks back very well and does offer more on the counter than Ademola in terms of speed. He needs to have the game of his life on Sunday IMO.

So the short version, you want Walcott to start.

No.

So the short version, you want Walcott to start.

No.

The long version is that we have no one else with pace who can occupy Robertson. We are going to have to play with a quick counter and Lookman is not that man.

Your alternative suggestion...?

Ah the old square peg round hole theory.

Rarely plays on the right for a reason.

Well you wrote that Lookman wasnt an option...so the next option is Bernard.

I mean literally amazing to put Walcott in a team ahead of either.

Hes absolutely dreadful.

Well you wrote that Lookman wasnt an option...so the next option is Bernard.

I mean literally amazing to put Walcott in a team ahead of either.

Hes absolutely dreadful.

Oh I totally agree but, he offers one thing and it's our only weapon against them. Bernard or Lookman would get swamped by their midfield as soon they got the ball, we need an outlet and theo is the only thing I can think of. TBH it is frightening how little option we have against their pace.

Oh I totally agree but, he offers one thing and it's our only weapon against them. Bernard or Lookman would get swamped by their midfield as soon they got the ball, we need an outlet and theo is the only thing I can think of. TBH it is frightening how little option we have against their pace.

Youve totally lost me...what is the 'one thing' Walcott offers?

We need players able to pass and keep the ball against teams we sit back against.

Status
Not open for further replies.