2018/19 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Offers absolutely nothing at the moment

...for me, he’s still offering more of an attacking threat than Bernard and Lookman because he continually gets in threatening positions. Behind their back four regularly last night, certainly more than Bernard and gets in areas like he did in the Derby where he set up the headed chance for Gomes.

I’m not saying he’s on top of his game but I think full-backs will be more worried facing him than others at the moment.

If Theo Walcott had that ability to see the picture opening up, that football brain, he would be a world-beater, but he has a long way to go and we still don't know how he will ultimately turn out.

He can certainly improve on his deficiencies, but the areas that he has to sharpen up just happen to be the most difficult qualities to fine tune.

It is about seeing options, seeing them early and then being able to pick out the right pass at the right time. If he improves all those areas, he can be a 9 out of 10 player. At the moment, he is 7 out of 10.

But it is not as simple as going out on the training pitch and practising every day. It is about instinct. There is no thought process when you have a football brain, you just see it and play it, so that's why it is so difficult to add that to your game if you don't have that natural instinct.

Hansen on Theo 2010

Think the 7 is based on him playing for arsenal lol

He did reject his boyhood club to come here and uproot his family North for the money.

Yep

and at this moment in 2018 he's abar a 3 out of 10

I'm convinced he doesn't control his legs, have you ever picked a dog up out of water and it's still kicking it's legs? that's what Walcott is like he literally just runs but he doesn't even know where to ( mostly into people )

Spot on

...for me, he’s still offering more of an attacking threat than Bernard and Lookman because he continually gets in threatening positions. Behind their back four regularly last night, certainly more than Bernard and gets in areas like he did in the Derby where he set up the headed chance for Gomes.

I’m not saying he’s on top of his game but I think full-backs will be more worried facing him than others at the moment.

How is he different to bolasie?

Looks like something will happen and then nothing ever does...

Bernard keeps the ball and has great passing stats...thats important imo...lookman needs games.

I think if either bernard or lookman were right sided by nature they should start...sadly walcott is the only right sided player...were top heavy on the left

Most bizarre play last night was needlessly touching that ball for the first goal when you'd like to think after almost 15 years of top flight football he would know he was miles offside.

However, does seem to get into the positions we need wingers to be in and can read the game well, just wish his final ball was a little less head down and aimlessly kick it

He is just so frustrating to watch at the moment. I dont know if its always his fault but he seems to just run into traffic with no plan B of what happens next.

The only wide man we have who offers any threat. And that's with him badly out of form.

Bernard is good but not offering threat. Lookman is bad in all aspects. And we can't play Richarlison left because of our chronic striker shortage.

Proper Jekyll & Hyde last night. He's always played the same way throughout his career has Theo, but you start to get the impression that his body can't necessarily do it all anymore and his brain is in 'wind-down' mode now. Needs replacing with a younger player in the summer.

He seems to make the run AFTER the ball has been played rather than make the run before.

Gives the defenders too much time to get into position.

Status
Not open for further replies.