2018/19 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
He highlights the dangers of singing players aged 28+ from the CL teams. We used to laugh at Newcastle for doing the same thing, but we've surpassed that. Schneiderlin, Siggurdson and now this guy.

The thing is though he is not injured and he has not lost his pace.. his form is shocking maybe he has not settled here
The manager should try find a new position for him possibly playing off the striker in a central role

Doesn't look the player we signed this time last year does he?
This

Glad we signed him at the time as it gave us much needed balance on the right , with his pace and an abililty to ghost in behind defenders which usually ended with a goal or at least an assist.
He was a real constant threat upto and including Bournemouth away ( his best game for us imo)
Sadly this has all disappeared now , not sure what it is , but he doesnt look like he can be bothered anymore as it looks more than just a drop in form.
Maybe a long spell on the bench coming on late in games , as he clearly doesnt earn a start for me.

not settled here? he's on abar 100k a week mate I would settle in bagdad playing footy if I was on that much
exactly, there was not a huge amount of options when he left Arsenal and he was in a bit of a last chance saloon as his career had completly dropped off a cliff, so he really needed to try and settle as much as possible tbh. I just don't think that he is that good tbh, even at Arsenal it was always in flashes.

Massive disappointment. I thought he was making a statement coming up here and out of his comfort zone at Arsenal. Thought it'd be a bit of a Swan song for him. Unfortunately, it's seems he was playing to try and get in the England squad for the WC.

Status
Not open for further replies.