Votes: 690 66.2%
  • No

Votes: 241 23.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 112 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walcott is an excellent player, extremely intelligent and scores goals.

Only people who believe the lazy stereotype about him being all about pace with no end product and always injured will be against him
I don't think he's an intelligent player to be honest.

Yes he can bag a few goals but he doesn't create a lot and we've got a few of them already.

I just think having Siggy/Walcott for a combined 65m, let alone their wages, who are both nearly 30 isn't a bold plan for the future.

Pickford
Coleman Jagielka Holgate Baines
Gueye Rooney
Walcott Sigurdsson Bolasie
Tuson

Is the likely team, and it is not a young team.
The original post I replied to said we should be reducing the age of the squad
The average age of the squad is young enough
The average age of the team in the cup tie was low 20s

Yes he can bag a few goals but he doesn't create a lot and we've got a few of them already.

I just think having Siggy/Walcott for a combined 65m, let alone their wages, who are both nearly 30 isn't a bold plan for the future.

The future can wait. We need to be aiming to get back into Europe and to do that we will need to finish at least 7th. That won't happen with a squad of players for the future and no wingers who actually score goals.

It's not a no brainer at all. Whilst I agree the £20m fee, in this market at least, is not an enormous outlay the £6m a year for at least 3 years (but probably 4) is given our turnover.

For what it's worth I think it is probably worth the risk as we are desperate for pace and goals (although he won't score anywhere near as many here as at Arsenal because of the differences in style of play and personnel).

I think we view risk differently however as when we were discussing Martina prior to his signing you said the following:

Good vaulting ;)

FWIW on Martina, am I wrong?

Clearly, I was wrong on how Koeman wanted to use him and Kenny, but in terms of how it's worked out Martina has been providing cover in numerous positions and for all of his faults (of which there are plenty), he's been an ever-present as we've improved defensively.

Now that's not down to him and simply put he's nowhere near good enough, but ironically enough if we hadn't brought him in we'd have been in an even worse state at the back personnel wise due to the injuries.

I agree entirely on your points about Walcott, btw.

I'd say it's a no-brainer though in terms of getting someone proven in the league who can score goals - as you say, probably not as much here due to styles of play etc, and creates danger because of his pace, which is something we've all bemoaned the lackof so far this year.

Walcott is an excellent player, extremely intelligent and scores goals.

Only people who believe the lazy stereotype about him being all about pace with no end product and always injured will be against him

I always thought he was a decent player when I have seen him play, but not watching him week in, week out it's hard to form an overall opinion, but listening to a lot of Arsenal fans they seem to be the ones saying what I've highlighted.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.