Votes: 690 66.2%
  • No

Votes: 241 23.1%
  • Cheese on toast

Votes: 112 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree imagine having a pacy left footed winger on the left and a pacy right footed winger on the right
When you could have a left footed inexperienced winger on the left and an inexperienced CM on the right
Shambles doesn’t cover it

Uh Uh! You do know you are going to end up in a multi-quote reply. Just a word of warning. lol

Walcott has always been quicker than Lennon though. And he still is quicker now.

And the plus side with Walcott is he is more versatile. He can play off the main striker so if he does lose half-a-yard of pace, he can play there.

If this deal can be done it's a no-brainer. He improves our squad.
It's not a no brainer at all. Whilst I agree the £20m fee, in this market at least, is not an enormous outlay, the £6m a year for at least 3 years (but probably 4) is, given our turnover.

For what it's worth I think it is probably worth the risk as we are desperate for pace and goals (although he won't score anywhere near as many here as at Arsenal because of the differences in style of play and personnel).

I think we view risk differently however as when we were discussing Martina prior to his signing you said the following:

But he's on a free, the manager clearly trusts him to be able to do a job and from that perspective he's a no-risk deal.

Can you not see how this deal makes perfect sense?

Fair enough.

We'll see.

I'm hopeful that Kenny will get minutes to prove himself in pre-season, like Holgate did last year. If Koeman thinks they're ready then he'll keep them in the first team for good. I'll be disappointed if that's not the case but it's down to Kenny to prove he can do it.

Martina in my mind provides competition while not being a player we have to spend big money on who is in turn going to halter the progress of the kids.

The guy is 27, will be on low wages (relatively speaking of course), and provides cover in numerous positions.

As a squad member it's an improvement, imo.

If we were selling Bolasie and Lennon then yes.

As we probably aren't selling Bolasie and Lennon then NO.

We should be playing Lookman and Vlasic to be ready for next season.

At this rate we'll have Bolasie and Walcott on the wings...shambles.

Erm, why would having Walcott ahead of Vlasic be a shambles ?

One of them is actually a proven Premier League player, the others highlight in this country was playing a game and carrying the ball through midfield a bit.

Walcott's Stats

9 goals/assists in EFL Cup & Europa League this season (9 matches)

19 goals in 37 matches last season (all competitions)

4 goals in Champions League

5 of those goals in the FA Cup (which arsenal won)

8 of his 10 PL goal last season were in his first 16 apps.

Walcott has NEVER before been this clinical in his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.