The Top 5 Worst Derby Controversies

Status
Not open for further replies.
The clattenberg derby was just atrocious, but the whole hibbert thing is a tad overblown imo. I understand the red as gerrard was through on g oal(even tho i kinda remember hibbert got the ball first) and Hibbert was the last man. But it was outside the box. No way that was a penalty, the red i can understand tho.

Everything else was just horrific in that match tho.

If you watch the foul again, its actually Gerrard that trips Hibbert.

This.

He does his starfish leg spread. I thought it was just me. He waits till he gets in the box, puts his left leg across Hibbert in a way you wouldn't do while running, and hits the deck. I always thought it was pretty blatant myself.

To be fair, it would get given as a foul by Hibbert 95% of the time, but they were actually running side by side when Gerrard deliberately stuck his leg across Hibbert so Hibbert would hit it and knock him over.

Actually ive just found it.

Its taken maybe a few yards further forward but not quite 15 yards i dont think.

It was a foul on Alexandersson in the first place and then when he tried to get it back it wasnt a foul. I remember it well as it was the first team the ****e had beat us for ages.

I never had a problem with this one, it's a red card all day long.

Thought him deeming it a foul was borderline - could be called either way BUT once he's given it, Hibbert had to be sent off. Gerrard was through on goal otherwise.

However, Clattenburg was only going to book him - for whatever reason - until Saint Stevie had a word in his ear. That was the think that rankles. Put it into context of the rest of the game - the Kuyt horror challenge and the obstinate refusal to given a penalty to Everton at the death amd that is what upset people.

Back to Hibbert though, we were shouting for him at the time to just bring Gerrard down by the halfway line. He'd have only got a yellow then and who knows.

Well many of the decisions went the red way when they were winning things... Its winds the reds up now just to say

" in important decisions the refs always favour the big team..."

never seen it mentioned but alonso elbowed kilbane in the face good style while they were running shoulder to shoulder about 25yds out away from the kop. not a peep out of the commentators/EFC or officials. same game as andy vdm got sent off for leading with his arm and alonso holds his face like he`d been cheese-gratered.

There must be a reason we've had these go against us. These arn't just your standard 'should have been penalties or free kicks'. Some of them are referee's cheating in favour of The RS. Graham Poll admitted he blew the whistle so the RS wouldnt lose, that ref where the linesmen are on record saying the ref was asking what he could say he dissallowed the goal for, and of course we all know about Clattenburg and how he hasnt reffed at GP since.

Defo has to have been something going on. It hasnt happened in reverse. OK we've had a few lucky decisions in derbies (of course no where near the amount they have, but still) but nothings happened where you could legitimatly point the finger and say 'somethings going on here'.
you`ll have to be a bit more specific

I am a man of mystery zederito.

ok then Marvo or whatever your street conjurers name is, let us in on these `everton get lucky vs LFC stuff`................. you cant, you are luring unsuspecting passers-by into your web of trickery and false teeth

ok then Marvo or whatever your street conjurers name is, let us in on these `everton get lucky vs LFC stuff`................. you cant, you are luring unsuspecting passers-by into your web of trickery and false teeth

We've had a couple of decisions go our way, to be fair. Though vastly outnumbered by the ones they've got.

When that greek yard dog crippled fellaini both players could have easily gone, that suarez goal wasn't offside last week, Lucas's first yellow in the gosling derby was a little harsh and I think torres had a goal ruled off wrongly when they were already pasting us.

And that's it. Unless you count the fact they had their third choice keeper in goal at wembley.

Well I'm sure we've had a few freekicks that weren't free kicks and stuff in the past. Read my post again and you will see what I mean Zedlasaur.

There must be a reason we've had these go against us. These arn't just your standard 'should have been penalties or free kicks'. Some of them are referee's cheating in favour of The RS. Graham Poll admitted he blew the whistle so the RS wouldnt lose, that ref where the linesmen are on record saying the ref was asking what he could say he dissallowed the goal for, and of course we all know about Clattenburg and how he hasnt reffed at GP since.

Defo has to have been something going on. It hasnt happened in reverse. OK we've had a few lucky decisions in derbies (of course no where near the amount they have, but still) but nothings happened where you could legitimatly point the finger and say 'somethings going on here'.

i read it again-do you mean the bits in bold? and EFC arent the only ones to lose by referees `in favour` of LFC. we all know the 2005 champions league was a con job, even kopites admit that they were pathetic in those european games. so what do you think will happen, LFC are stripped of their `wins` like lance armstrong in cycling? eufa rigged those matches so that aint going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.