The Top 5 Worst Derby Controversies

Status
Not open for further replies.
One in the last 67 years.

shhhhhhhhhh! keep it down tube-0. remember- its only man u who get decisions in their favour. talking of those chaps - why doesnt ferguson sort that statistic out with the FA. that [Poor language removed] runs the gaff and hes left us swinging. whiskey nosed cont

Anyone remember the first Catterick/Shankly Derby in 1962 when they got a 2-2 with two dodgy calls in their favour. We got the last laugh tho' winning the title?

And they like to complain our second goal was from a throw in that should have been theirs. I seem to remember the Ginger Minger's goal (that's Fairclough) in Fergie time was after a throw we should have been given.

Anyone got any footage of this? I'm sure last time i saw it that he didn't move it forward he just caught our keeper sleeping but i can never find it.

3.40 moves it abit but not as much as i remembered tbh!

[video=youtube;wL0I7nRldhc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=wL0I7nRldhc[/video]

I never had a problem with this one, it's a red card all day long.
Yep, i remember at the time knowing he was gonna get sent off. not sure if it was in the area or not.But the other mistakes he made that day where really bad.

He was gonna book Hibbert, rightly or wrongly, then he listened to Gerrard and you could see the change of mind. It wasn't a case of him accidently getting the wrong card out. Yellow's in front pocket, red's in back. He's a scumbag and he ****ed us over deliberatly in that derby.

Still not reffed at GP since that fateful day,can't think of any bigger admission of guilt on the part of the FA than that!!

Also - Clve Thomas...worth pointing out he was 40 yards beyond play so disallowed a goal he had no view of, and the linesmen are on record that he was asking them in the dressing room what could he say it had been disallowed for- they both said no offside, no handball.

This was the worst one of the lot.

There must be a reason we've had these go against us. These arn't just your standard 'should have been penalties or free kicks'. Some of them are referee's cheating in favour of The RS. Graham Poll admitted he blew the whistle so the RS wouldnt lose, that ref where the linesmen are on record saying the ref was asking what he could say he dissallowed the goal for, and of course we all know about Clattenburg and how he hasnt reffed at GP since.

Defo has to have been something going on. It hasnt happened in reverse. OK we've had a few lucky decisions in derbies (of course no where near the amount they have, but still) but nothings happened where you could legitimatly point the finger and say 'somethings going on here'.

I remember the opening goal in the Ian Rush derby at Goodison coming from a Craig Johnstone cross after he had pushed the ball past our right-back with his hand. The linesman was right alongside but somehow missed it.

There was also a disallowed goal for Trevor Ross at Anfield when he had run from around the halfway line to the right side of the 18 yard box and shot across the goalie, only to be pulled back because Bob Latchford was flagged offside on the left touchline, where he could not possibly be interfering with play.

Not so obvious as the others listed above, but really galling at the time.

Suarez -2012
Stamp on Mirallas, nothing given.
Stands on Distin - Yellow card. Both worthy of cards.
Should of clearly been off! 1 of 2 players of theirs in fact that should of been sent off.
Shocking reffing imo, should of been paying against 9 men. That they are up in arms because of that goal is mental.
Osman barely touches Gerrard, Coates is hanging off of Jags, Suarez shouldn't of been on the pitch. Those were the three touches that resulted in the wrongly given offside goal. Just thought it should be mentioned not as us being the lucky ones for a change, we got one big decision that should never of got that far. Disgraceful reffing for both sides in all honesty yet the world is feeling we were lucky somehow.

What about Gary Lineker (I think) getting man-handled as he tried to tap in a ball rolling towards the RS net in the 1985-1986 Anfield derby?

We went on to win 2-0, but I remember the above happening when it was still 0-0 and has probably been forgotten!

Status
Not open for further replies.