The Top 5 Worst Derby Controversies

Status
Not open for further replies.
mick lyons scored a header in the park end ,as good a goal you would ever see, it was dissalowed for fuk all ,they went the full lenght of the park and scored, alan fuken waddle

Can any statto's out there tell me how many penalties we have been awarded at Analfield throughout our history? I remember a grand total of 0.

As for Poll 'bottling it'. I dont get it? I would say the braver decision would be to controversially dissallow the goal? If he'd have rightfully let play on, he wouldnt have had to do anything and nobody would have spoken about him?!

As the result was a draw, he didn't want to have the game settled by such a mental goal. He reasoned in the split second he had that both clubs would be happy with the draw, and just blindly hoped he could think up a reason for disallowing it later.

To be fair, the linesman last week did exactly the same thing. Osman threw his hand up to claim offside, the fans behind him bellowed for it, and he decided it was easier to preserve the draw than to make a decision that may have been wrong.

They're humans at the end of the day.

Midgeley the ref apparently said to Kendall we should have thanked him for that as otherwise we would not have had the 4-4!!I've got even longer memories,my first derby was Dec 1973 at Goodison,Mickey Lyons has a perfect header chalked off for"pushing",Alan Waddle goes down the other end looking suspiciously offside one on one with Lawson,shins it,and it agonisingly rolls in off the post!!I should have known from that day eh?!!Jammy tw*ts!!!Don't start me,Jimmy sh*thouse Case snapping Geoff Nulty in two and finishing his career,don't want to think about it anymore,there's that bloody many!!!

Bad bad challenge.
Heard Nulty was gonna sue him for loss of livelihood,anybody know if he went through with it?
Hope he did and nailed the dirty red thug.

Bad bad challenge.
Heard Nulty was gonna sue him for loss of livelihood,anybody know if he went through with it?
Hope he did and nailed the dirty red thug.

Not even sure if the thug was even booked,never an apology,nothing,typical of the classless b*ggers!!

Incident 1 - Tony Hibbert brings down Gerrard. The penalty was soft but it was a penalty. Clattenburg pulls out his yellow card, Gerrard gets up, walks up to Clattenburg, has a word in his ear, Clattenburg puts the yellow card away and brings out the red, sending Hibbert off. To this day, he hasn't explained why he did this.

To me its kinda obvious.

Gerrard was through on goal, Hibbert was careless and clipped the back of his legs. Regardless of whether you think Gerard waited till he was in the area or not if the ref sees that as Hibbert tripping him through carelessness its a foul.

As he denied a clear goalscoring goal it should have been a red. If he then made the wrong decision to bring out a yellow i'd fully expect any Everton player to tell the ref that he's got the wrong card and it should be a red, and thats what Gerrard done.

A red was the correct decision and if it was the other way round and he gave one of their players a yellow when it should have been a red you'd all be furious.

Why else would he have a pulled out a yellow other than as a mistake, you can argue that Gerard shouldn't have played the ref but thats bollocks, when the ref makes crap decision you tell him and hope he makes the right one?

"YOU'RE JUST BITTER AND JEALOUS LAD, WE'VE WON IT 5 TIMES" is the reaction you would get if you shown this thread to any Kopite across the globe

The clattenberg derby was just atrocious, but the whole hibbert thing is a tad overblown imo. I understand the red as gerrard was through on g oal(even tho i kinda remember hibbert got the ball first) and Hibbert was the last man. But it was outside the box. No way that was a penalty, the red i can understand tho.

Everything else was just horrific in that match tho.

To me its kinda obvious.

Gerrard was through on goal, Hibbert was careless and clipped the back of his legs. Regardless of whether you think Gerard waited till he was in the area or not if the ref sees that as Hibbert tripping him through carelessness its a foul.

As he denied a clear goalscoring goal it should have been a red. If he then made the wrong decision to bring out a yellow i'd fully expect any Everton player to tell the ref that he's got the wrong card and it should be a red, and thats what Gerrard done.

A red was the correct decision and if it was the other way round and he gave one of their players a yellow when it should have been a red you'd all be furious.

Why else would he have a pulled out a yellow other than as a mistake, you can argue that Gerard shouldn't have played the ref but thats bollocks, when the ref makes crap decision you tell him and hope he makes the right one?

I never had a problem with this one, it's a red card all day long.

One gerrard dived, but having given the foul it is a red card. But the fact is the ref was going to get a yellow card out before that snide gerrard told him otherwise.

Cheat.

I never had any complaints about the card personally. It was the lack of a red for Kunt and the penalty we didn't get I objected to.
Had to laugh watching the derby when Howard was asking the ref (apparently) for a second yellow for Sterling. The commentator was saying that was something we don't like to see and he was sure Steve Gerrard would have a word about it. fcukwit.

I understand people thinking he only gave the red because gbh said he'd left him a nice fat envolope in the dressing room, but its obviously just a case of him getting the wrong card and then gbh doing what any player would do and telling the ref it should be a red and the ref then making the right decision.

Its not like he gave a red for a yellow card offense only after he had a word.

He was gonna book Hibbert, rightly or wrongly, then he listened to Gerrard and you could see the change of mind. It wasn't a case of him accidently getting the wrong card out. Yellow's in front pocket, red's in back. He's a scumbag and he ****ed us over deliberatly in that derby.

Status
Not open for further replies.