The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
im not even fussed about a 'marquee' signing as nice as it will be, i just think for the money we would pay for mcgeady there are better options in his position in that price range.

Imagine we spent 10/11m on McGeady and Kone.

**** would hopefully hit the fan.

That'd be unforgiveable.

Martinez must be trying to assemble a squad of old boys.

I honestly thought he would look at how old our squad is and address this, instead he seems hell bent on making the average age of our squad increase.

I honestly thought he would look at how old our squad is and address this, instead he seems hell bent on making the average age of our squad increase.

FFS, we haven't signed ANYBODY yet and we got our oldest player off the books.

CAN EVERYBODY STOP MOANING

Mods, ban these mo'fo's on the grounds of moan fest.

I'm not saying it's the case like, but it is conceivable that IF he does target these they will be used as stop-gaps for a couple of years, allowing us to develop and loan youth that he's got every confidence in, rather than have, for example, Duffy on the bench and not developing via competitive play at a level that suits.

I don’t see a problem with the signings, we drew 15 games last season down to ****e defending and not putting away our chances, straight away Martinez has addressed these areas with the signings of Kone and Alcaraz.

Kone might be getting on but he knows the league won’t command a high fee and wages will be in our budget range if anything it puts pressure on our other strikers to perform.

Alcaraz is a no brainer competent defender prepared to bide his time to get a chance and again won’t command mega wages.

Even McGeady he’s an out n out right winger something we don’t have and haven’t had in years, might not be the most attractive signing but he’ll provide balance him and Coleman worked for Ireland maybe bobby see that.

That’s 3 players added to key positions straight away without selling anybody.

We all want top players but unfortunately this is Everton we cant pay 10-15m strikers wages they want our top earners wages before even entertaining the idea of coming to a club without Europe.

Hey imagine we signed Kone and he scored 18 goals and hey we signed McGeady and he scored 10 goals and pitched in with 20 assists hey.

HAY LAD FFS !

I'm ringing the Samaritans again.

PS if we do sign Kone I hope we get rid of Vellios (obviously not any good) for a possibie million or two.

That'd make it a less **** signing, as we're recouping some of the dough from a useless player who is on the books.

HAY LAD FFS !

I'm ringing the Samaritans again.

PS if we do sign Kone I hope we get rid of Vellios (obviously not any good) for a possibie million or two.

That'd make it a less **** signing, as we're recouping some of the dough from a useless player who is on the books.

Replacing a 21 year old with a 29 year old though?

All of a sudden anyone over 28 is too old.Isn't Rooney 28 next year? I suppose we should really get rid of Jags, Osman,Howard, etc before August!

I'm 72 in July...am I too old to be a supporter?lol

Status
Not open for further replies.