The summer 2013 Everton transfer rumourZ thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This obsession with FER and a whole list of other players Moyes was tediously linked with is pathetic. If he was that good Moyes would have him in Asia with him atm - hes clearly not so leave him to the relegation teams. I dont give a **** who Norwich/sunderland/WBA etc etc sign we will finish above them all so just chill the **** out.

Absolutely no one on here is dealing with millions of pounds of someone elses money and 40'000 people who want you sacked if you get it wrong.

These tiresome articles posted and 'ah we should be going for him' lad are just childish. Seriously lads, its ok in the comfort of your bedroom in your parents house, but in the real world everton cnt sign every player some lid reckons is a bargain and will be an absolute beast for us.

Well said Sir, some sanity at last.

The Liverpool echo rumour mill has Utd coming in with a 40 mil offer for you know who. Mind, their source is caughtoffside which seems strange. Shouldn´t a proper newspaper have more reliable sources than those absolute mugs?

If Baines and Fellaini are moving this I´d rather it´d be early. 40 mil for both is too low though, since it means we´re only getting 16 for Baines which is a joke. 44 should be the minimum asking price.

I agree with this. £42-44m minimum, and even that is cheap and solely because Felli has that release clause.

My worry is Baines, we were rumoured to be offering him a new deal almost 2 weeks ago - now i know these things can take time and a bit of wrangling...but honestly think if he was going to sign he would have done so by now?

If these players arent gone by 1st August we should say they are staying, we need to give RM time to get it right in terms of replacing them, not selling them on deadline day and either rushing the signings...or watching the money vanish to the banks.

This obsession with FER and a whole list of other players Moyes was tediously linked with is pathetic. If he was that good Moyes would have him in Asia with him atm - hes clearly not so leave him to the relegation teams. I dont give a **** who Norwich/sunderland/WBA etc etc sign we will finish above them all so just chill the **** out.

Yeah, because there's no gap between players who would improve our team, and players who would improve Man Utd's.

And as for the second part - it's thinking like that which will (eventually - whether this season or down the line) allow those teams to catch up and overtake us if we don't strengthen will similar or greater quality than they're signing.

The Liverpool echo rumour mill has Utd coming in with a 40 mil offer for you know who.
Mind, their source is caughtoffside
which seems strange. Shouldn´t a proper newspaper have more reliable sources than those absolute mugs?

If Baines and Fellaini are moving this I´d rather it´d be early. 40 mil for both is too low though, since it means we´re only getting 16 for Baines which is a joke. 44 should be the minimum asking price.

Its just a round up of media rumours - hence why its called the 'rumour mill'. Wish people would stop even mentioning it.

My worry is Baines, we were rumoured to be offering him a new deal almost 2 weeks ago - now i know these things can take time and a bit of wrangling...but honestly think if he was going to sign he would have done so by now?

If these players arent gone by 1st August we should say they are staying, we need to give RM time to get it right in terms of replacing them, not selling them on deadline day and either rushing the signings...or watching the money vanish to the banks.

Baines wants to go to Utd mate. The sooner you align yourself with that reality the better off you´ll be.

I´m sorry, but that´s just how it is.

If Foxy or Sheeds know more then I will defer to them as always but heard we had not offered him a contract as yet and and money from a big sale is deffo going to the bank ! How much who knows but money will be locked into the bank.

I'd honestly settle at 45m for the two. If they don't want to pay what they are worth to us than they can sod off.
I don't mind so much about Fellani because of his apparent release clause? I know people tire of the name but McCarthy is a player I'd like here.... Another stopgap squad player and a prospect (Maybe even give Junior a run in the side...). As much as I like Osman, he was pretty bad in CM last season (I know with Neville as his partner lololol...) but he's getting towards 32 and we need to start bringing in a bit more youth for the years to come, Gibson's good but if he's suspect to injuries so cover will always be needed.

If Foxy or Sheeds know more then I will defer to them as always but heard we had not offered him a contract as yet and and money from a big sale is deffo going to the bank ! How much who knows but money will be locked into the bank.

Excuse me if I take that with a pinch of Dead Sea proportions.

Logic dictates that after such a flurry of transfers our club would remain a bit more silent at this front.

I'm glad we've improved the squad without losing anyone, but fidgety about who will be outgoing. Already resigned to losing Felli, but hope we can improve with big money. I'm also really glad Martinez put himself to good use already in his first days, before even meeting the squad he was probably steeped in transfer paperwork.

So yeah. Good on us, but it seems the ball is in the others teams' court. Don't think we'll see more players coming in 'till we've rid ourselves of a few of our own.

£40m for them two seems cheap but at the same time that's crazy money and we could do incredible things with it judging the standard of value for money signings Martinez has done already.

I would sell the two for that, snap up Strootman for £13m before he goes to Roma, bring in a left back like Cissokho for about £7m which leaves us with £20m for a couple of quality signings.

Last edited:
I don't mind so much about Fellani because of his apparent release clause? I know people tire of the name but McCarthy is a player I'd like here.... Another stopgap squad player and a prospect (Maybe even give Junior a run in the side...). As much as I like Osman, he was pretty bad in CM last season (I know with Neville as his partner lololol...) but he's getting towards 32 and we need to start bringing in a bit more youth for the years to come, Gibson's good but if he's suspect to injuries so cover will always be needed.
Cm is an area we need to strengthen regardless of sales really, but if we get 45m and get it reinvested in the squad, you can buy a good left back for 7-8m if you wanted. That leaves you 30mish to invest all over the pitch. Baines is a brilliant player in his position, but if you take the onus of our attack away from left back by buying a brilliant midfielder or two whilst having a solid enough left back, you could arguably improve the team off the back of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.